Most Recent Posts
- So you want to be a photographer? Clay Jackson shows the hazards of the profession
- Cauley-Stein on comparison to Rodman: “I ain’t wearing no wedding dress or nothing.”
- UK freshman James Young on team’s effort against Boise State: “We wanted to prove a lot of people wrong”
- John Calipari and Rick Pitino part of new CBS Sports series “NCAA Men of March”
- Guest post: Schedule ‘custom made’ for Calipari’s Cats to improve now
- Despite 8th double-double, UK freshman Julius Randle says “I still can do a lot better”
- Limited number of eRUPPTion Zone tickets for Belmont, Mississippi State available
- Freshman star Julius Randle admits UK ‘harder’ than expected, but nothing ‘I can’t handle’
LEXINGTON (AP) — A’dia Mathies is the Southeastern Conference’s player of the year again, though the Kentucky senior guard shares this award with Tennessee’s Meighan Simmons.
Mathies leads three Wildcats on the all-SEC teams announced Tuesday. The preseason pick to repeat as the conference’s top player, the Louisville native averaged 16.0 points, 4.5 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game this season and became Kentucky’s No. 2 career scorer.
Forward DeNesha Stallworth (12.5 points, 6.0 rebounds) also made the first team in voting by the league’s 14 coaches. Forward Samarie Walker (9.5 points, 8.6 rebounds, team-high 46 blocks) made the second team along with the league’s All-Defensive team.
Seventh-ranked Kentucky (25-4, 13-3) is the No. 2 seed in the conference tournament and opens play Friday in Duluth, Ga.