Most Recent Posts
- UK signee Marcus Lee overcame early education struggles to succeed in academics, athletics
- No. 12 Kentucky and No. 5 Arizona State to start best-of-three NCAA Super Regional set Saturday at 10 p.m. ET
- Stoops: Hiring Neal Brown to run Kentucky offense was a “no-brainer for me”
- Nunley, Cumbess Propel No. 12 UK Softball to Super Regionals
- DeCourcy says Julius Randle is “so freaking quick” and powerful he will be special
- UK football coach Mark Stoops on wife: “She gets involved as much as she can in a supportive role”
- Swiss Cat – Vacation notes and photos from Larry from his trip to Switzerland.
- Kentucky softball team earns 40th win to tie school record for most wins in a season
OXFORD, Miss. (AP) — A’Dia Mathies scored 20 points and No. 10 Kentucky routed Mississippi 90-65 as Wildcats coach Matthew Mitchell tied the school record for victories. Kentucky (24-4, 12-3 SEC) dominated Ole Miss (9-19, 2-13) the Lady Rebels on the boards and turned a 57-38 advantage into 21 second-chance points.
Janee Thompson added 11 points for the Wildcats and Bria Gross chipped in 10. Tia Faleru had 14 points to lead the Lady Rebels and Danielle McCray had 12.
Mitchell, a Mississippi native, tied Terry Hall (1980-87) as Kentucky’s winningest women’s basketball coach with 138 victories. Mitchell will get a chance to break the record Sunday against No. 8 Tennessee.