Most Recent Posts
- Draft analyst says strong season could lock Willie Cauley-Stein into lottery, but he must avoid another slump
- A.J. Stamps, J.D. Harmon could bolster UK’s chance to increase interceptions
- Colts DL Bjoern Werner gave “words of wisdom” to Cats, liked way Bud Dupree was “coming off ball”
- SI.com’s Brian Hamilton ranks three Kentucky wins among four best NCAA tourney games this year
- Stan Van Gundy tells Mike Bianchi that John Calipari “had more NBA players” at UK than Lakers do
- Mike Douglas feels like “old man on the block” but knows he can help defensive line
- Trey Lyles has 17 points, Tyler Ulis goes for 9 points, 9 assists in Jordan Brand Classic
- Blue-White Game will be on live TV, delayed on Fox Sports South; Dusty Bonner, Freddie Maggard will join TV/radio call
By LARRY VAUGHT
Doesn’t it seem like both Mark Stoops and John Calipari recruit non-stop and are always on the go?
That’s why I asked Stoops how he gets along with the UK basketball coach and if they might exchange recruiting tips since it seems like both of them never stop recruiting.
” “We talk, not to that extent (about recruiting tips). I love being around him. He’s been very supportive. (I’ve) gone over and had breakfast with him over at the lodge and just see their operation over there and how they’re doing things,” Stoops said. “He’s helped with recruits. He’s there. He’s made that very well-known. He’s there to help in any way.
“We’ve used him quite a bit, whether it be recruiting and different things. Certain kids we bring over to meet him. During our recruiting weekends when there was a home basketball game, each time he’s taken some time right before his game and come over and addressed our recruits real briefly. It’s been great.”