Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky senior Jon Hood named to SEC Community Service Team
- Future Cats Trey Lyles, Karl Towns, Devin Booker, Tyler Ulis all will paly in Jordan Brand All-American Game
- John Calipari hopes “cooler heads” come together to change one-and-done to two-and-done
- Kentucky fourth No. 1 preseason team to drop totally out of AP top 25
- John Calipari says Cats have to be scrappier, play more physical and share the ball a lot better
- Kentucky QB Patrick Towles will work out with QB guru George Whitfield over spring break
- John Calipari says great players make 2-on-1 look simple and UK “makes those look harder”
- John Calipari: “… just keep making that pass. Make it 22 times”
By LARRY VAUGHT
New Kentucky football coach Mark Stoops didn’t need long to realize there was maybe even more buzz about UK football than he realized when he took the job.
“It seems like everyone I talk to is very excited about that. I had a chance to sit and visit with Tim Couch and Tim kind of said the same thing about how many people are excited, and you know it’s great to hear because we’re going to need that. We’re going to need great support,” Stoops said.
“We’re all in this together and I mean that and the media, you know, I need your support too. That’s the way it is. You all could put a spin on things any way you want and really, I think, it’s exciting to see that everyone’s excited about football. So it’s good.”
Stoops was not surprised by UK’s passionate fan base.
“This is the SEC and I know the fans of Kentucky want great football. That doesn’t surprise me one bit. I expected that and I expect great support,” Stoops said. ” I believe in the fan base here. I see their passion, so we’re all in this thing together and we’re looking forward to it, embracing it.
“It’s been a great relationship with basketball. Coach Cal (John Calipari) has been tremendous. I’ve had a few visits with him. I’ve had the opportunity to watch practice and sit in on one of his meetings and just a chance to spend a little time with him. I’m looking forward to that relationship. How can you not embrace such a dynamic person and such a great program?”