Most Recent Posts
- Trey Lyles has 17 points, Tyler Ulis goes for 9 points, 9 assists in Jordan Brand Classic
- Blue-White Game will be on live TV, delayed on Fox Sports South; Dusty Bonner, Freddie Maggard will join TV/radio call
- Marcus Lee to Return for Sophomore Season at UK
- Mark Stoops says offense “took a little step back” in Friday’s practice
- Cornerback Nate Willis needs surgery for sports hernia
- NCAA would not let John Calipari and wife set up fund to pay for education of players’ children
- NBADraftBlog.com’s Ed Isaacson on Julius Randle, James Young
- John Calipari admits he was “scared to death” of “rock star” Bill O’Reilly
By LARRY VAUGHT
New Kentucky football coach Mark Stoops didn’t need long to realize there was maybe even more buzz about UK football than he realized when he took the job.
“It seems like everyone I talk to is very excited about that. I had a chance to sit and visit with Tim Couch and Tim kind of said the same thing about how many people are excited, and you know it’s great to hear because we’re going to need that. We’re going to need great support,” Stoops said.
“We’re all in this together and I mean that and the media, you know, I need your support too. That’s the way it is. You all could put a spin on things any way you want and really, I think, it’s exciting to see that everyone’s excited about football. So it’s good.”
Stoops was not surprised by UK’s passionate fan base.
“This is the SEC and I know the fans of Kentucky want great football. That doesn’t surprise me one bit. I expected that and I expect great support,” Stoops said. ” I believe in the fan base here. I see their passion, so we’re all in this thing together and we’re looking forward to it, embracing it.
“It’s been a great relationship with basketball. Coach Cal (John Calipari) has been tremendous. I’ve had a few visits with him. I’ve had the opportunity to watch practice and sit in on one of his meetings and just a chance to spend a little time with him. I’m looking forward to that relationship. How can you not embrace such a dynamic person and such a great program?”