Most Recent Posts
- NBA scouts offer takes on what’s wrong with Calipari’s Cats
- Kentucky RB JoJo Kemp plans to keep “grinding” and keep “this ship moving”
- UK signee Devin Booker on Cats: “I feel like toward the end of the year, they’re going to be special”
- James Young: “We can play defense, it’s just we tend to stop sometimes”
- Calipari on defense: “It starts with your point guard. If he can’ t pressure the ball, then someone else has to be playing;
- Cal on lack of bench play: “But, I come back to, played guys too many minutes. They’re not ready for that”
- Bud Dupree, Avery Williamson named second team All-SEC
- Cal teaches team how to huddle at foul line, but says ” I haven’t lost any confidence in the team”
By LARRY VAUGHT
New Kentucky football coach Mark Stoops didn’t need long to realize there was maybe even more buzz about UK football than he realized when he took the job.
“It seems like everyone I talk to is very excited about that. I had a chance to sit and visit with Tim Couch and Tim kind of said the same thing about how many people are excited, and you know it’s great to hear because we’re going to need that. We’re going to need great support,” Stoops said.
“We’re all in this together and I mean that and the media, you know, I need your support too. That’s the way it is. You all could put a spin on things any way you want and really, I think, it’s exciting to see that everyone’s excited about football. So it’s good.”
Stoops was not surprised by UK’s passionate fan base.
“This is the SEC and I know the fans of Kentucky want great football. That doesn’t surprise me one bit. I expected that and I expect great support,” Stoops said. ” I believe in the fan base here. I see their passion, so we’re all in this thing together and we’re looking forward to it, embracing it.
“It’s been a great relationship with basketball. Coach Cal (John Calipari) has been tremendous. I’ve had a few visits with him. I’ve had the opportunity to watch practice and sit in on one of his meetings and just a chance to spend a little time with him. I’m looking forward to that relationship. How can you not embrace such a dynamic person and such a great program?”