Most Recent Posts
- D.J. Eliot counting on Stamps; more on Khalid Henderson, Bud Dupree, Blake McClain, J.D. Harmon, Regie Meant
- John Calipari will have book-signing tour in Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green, Crestview
- John Calipari has to explain to Bill O’Reilly that Kentucky program has discipline, values to protect players, brand
- Could Kentucky signee Karl Towns Jr. end up top pick in 2015 NBA draft?
- Whether to declare for draft or stay at UK “muddy, convoluted” for Alex Poythress this year
- Kentucky coach Mark Stoops on Bud Dupree’s development, leadership, versatility
- KSR’s Ryan Lemond had it right about Willie Cauley-Stein, who weeks ago said “Why not stay in school?”
- Willie Cauley-Stein to return to Kentucky for junior season
By LARRY VAUGHT
Here are a few of my favorite Marcus Lee quotes from the McDonald’s All-American Game — and remember that one NBA scout told me in five years that he believes Lee could be the best player in UK’s incoming recruiting class.
On team chemistry: “You can’t just have the best players and just see what happens. To make a puzzle, you can’t just have the best pieces; you need pieces that actually fit.”
On being a target for opponents: “Everybody will come in trying to bully us next year. We’ll be able to take that and give it right back to them.”
On expectations for next season: “Winning the national championship has gone through our minds. Now it’s stuck in our minds. That is all we plan on doing, especially since we are all big competitors. We will refuse to lose next year
On what he learned about his future teammates: “I have learned that the (Harrison) twins never stop battling. They battle on and off the court. Off the court they are still human and 18. Just jokesters.”