Most Recent Posts
- Willie Cauley-Stein on John Calipari: “If he’s wrong about something he’s going to say he’s wrong and he’s going to fix it.”
- WR Blake Bone says he has the “size” to play immediately, but knows he will be playing “against men, not boys” at Kentucky
- Single-session seats still available for Kentucky NCAA tourney games in Memorial Coliseum
- James Young says Kentucky has to be more physical on defense
- UK signee Blake Bone on middle school football, dunking a basketball, academics, work and more
- Greater Atlanta UK Alumni Club hosting pep rally at Hawk Walk Friday
- Kentucky players mum on mysterious John Calipari tweak except Cauley-Stein says it is ‘mentality’
- John Calipari “disappointed in me for not doing it earlier” after unknown tweak to UK offense
By LARRY VAUGHT
There’s no easy way to gauge the overall fan reaction to Kentucky’s loss to Western Kentucky Saturday. However, I thought this e-mail I got from a long-time UK fan and season ticket holder who goes to a lot of trouble to attend almost every game, might be interesting to vaughtsviews.com readers.
“Well Larry, I finally took my Christmas card from Mark Stoops off the mantle when I returned from Nashville Sunday. I am not down on the staff, but they have a lot of hard work ahead of them. Mitch Barnhart did Stoops no favor by playing this game at LP. Field, either,” the season ticket holder said. “Line play on both sides of the ball was simply awful.
“I’m not going to make as many games as usual this year. It’s just unbearable to watch. There will be significant improvement as we go, but it is hard to see where the record will be any better than last year. Western is a good team and they could go undefeated.”