Most Recent Posts
- Blue-White Game will be on live TV, delayed on Fox Sports South; Dusty Bonner, Freddie Maggard will join TV/radio call
- Marcus Lee to Return for Sophomore Season at UK
- Mark Stoops says offense “took a little step back” in Friday’s practice
- Cornerback Nate Willis needs surgery for sports hernia
- NCAA would not let John Calipari and wife set up fund to pay for education of players’ children
- NBADraftBlog.com’s Ed Isaacson on Julius Randle, James Young
- John Calipari admits he was “scared to death” of “rock star” Bill O’Reilly
- Embracing the role of the punter is Landon Foster’s specialty
By LARRY VAUGHT
There’s no easy way to gauge the overall fan reaction to Kentucky’s loss to Western Kentucky Saturday. However, I thought this e-mail I got from a long-time UK fan and season ticket holder who goes to a lot of trouble to attend almost every game, might be interesting to vaughtsviews.com readers.
“Well Larry, I finally took my Christmas card from Mark Stoops off the mantle when I returned from Nashville Sunday. I am not down on the staff, but they have a lot of hard work ahead of them. Mitch Barnhart did Stoops no favor by playing this game at LP. Field, either,” the season ticket holder said. “Line play on both sides of the ball was simply awful.
“I’m not going to make as many games as usual this year. It’s just unbearable to watch. There will be significant improvement as we go, but it is hard to see where the record will be any better than last year. Western is a good team and they could go undefeated.”