Most Recent Posts
- Stoops on Hurtt: “That’s too easy of a target for me to go after”
- Guest Post: Maybe it’s time for fans to quit setting young Cats up for failure
- Stoops on Drew Barker: “I expect him to come in from day one and compete for the starting job”
- Stoops expects JUCO signees Johnson, Stamps — who picked UK over Ohio State — to help defense immediately
- UK assistant coach Kenny Payne knows adjustments Cats must make, especially on defense, to avoid being “up and down”
- UK recruiting targe Matt Elam likes having Cats coach Mark Stoops as “my chauffeur” in his Mercedes
- Draft analyst doesn’t think UK’s James Young has played like first-round pick yet
- Gym rat Montaque Gill-Caesar likes the family atmosphere at Huntington Prep, still waiting on reclassifying decision
By LARRY VAUGHT
There’s no easy way to gauge the overall fan reaction to Kentucky’s loss to Western Kentucky Saturday. However, I thought this e-mail I got from a long-time UK fan and season ticket holder who goes to a lot of trouble to attend almost every game, might be interesting to vaughtsviews.com readers.
“Well Larry, I finally took my Christmas card from Mark Stoops off the mantle when I returned from Nashville Sunday. I am not down on the staff, but they have a lot of hard work ahead of them. Mitch Barnhart did Stoops no favor by playing this game at LP. Field, either,” the season ticket holder said. “Line play on both sides of the ball was simply awful.
“I’m not going to make as many games as usual this year. It’s just unbearable to watch. There will be significant improvement as we go, but it is hard to see where the record will be any better than last year. Western is a good team and they could go undefeated.”