Most Recent Posts
- Cornerback Nate Willis needs surgery for sports hernia
- NCAA would not let John Calipari and wife set up fund to pay for education of players’ children
- NBADraftBlog.com’s Ed Isaacson on Julius Randle, James Young
- John Calipari admits he was “scared to death” of “rock star” Bill O’Reilly
- Embracing the role of the punter is Landon Foster’s specialty
- John Calipari says not allowing schools that can afford it to take care of players, families has to stop
- UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown says Patrick Towles has “made tremendous strides”
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter NBA draft
By LARRY VAUGHT
One of the best parts of my job — maybe the best part — is the interaction I get to have with UK fans now. Take what happened with Carter Wasson and his wife, Shirley Ann, Friday.
They stopped by The Advocate-Messenger so Wasson, 58, could show me how excited he was about the arrival of coach Mark Stoops. It had inspired him to get a tattoo on his leg for all to see proclaiming his love for UK during spring practice. He even had me autograph his shirt.
Later he sent me this e-mail:
“Thanks so much for taking time to visit with us this afternoon. On the way home, I looked at my freshly autographed shirt and noticed that the ‘Size 3X’ sticker was still boldly displayed in the center of my chest. Annie (Shirley Ann) grinned and asked ‘So, what are you going to do about that?’ My reply was ‘Not a thing. I’d never ask Larry Vaught to sign anything but a brand new shirt.’ I hung it up as soon as we got home so I can have it framed and add it to the rest of the cherished UK Football memorabilia that graces my office walls (and desk and floor and bookcase).