Most Recent Posts
- Randle says Calipari “knows all of us have fight in us”
- Coach on Lyles: “Sometimes he can be too unselfish, but he can take over a game”
- Photo Gallery: UK Hoops tops Baylor in four overtimes
- Upset Calipari says “They outhustled us, they outworked us” and Cats “did our own thing” too much
- Gathers says Baylor “out-physicaled, out-thought” UK and “stunned — or shocked” Cats
- No. 20 Baylor beats No. 3 Kentucky 67-62
- UK TV Video: UK Hoops celebrates 4-OT win over Baylor
- Postgame notes from UK Hoops’ 133-130 win over Baylor
By LARRY VAUGHT
One of the best parts of my job — maybe the best part — is the interaction I get to have with UK fans now. Take what happened with Carter Wasson and his wife, Shirley Ann, Friday.
They stopped by The Advocate-Messenger so Wasson, 58, could show me how excited he was about the arrival of coach Mark Stoops. It had inspired him to get a tattoo on his leg for all to see proclaiming his love for UK during spring practice. He even had me autograph his shirt.
Later he sent me this e-mail:
“Thanks so much for taking time to visit with us this afternoon. On the way home, I looked at my freshly autographed shirt and noticed that the ‘Size 3X’ sticker was still boldly displayed in the center of my chest. Annie (Shirley Ann) grinned and asked ‘So, what are you going to do about that?’ My reply was ‘Not a thing. I’d never ask Larry Vaught to sign anything but a brand new shirt.’ I hung it up as soon as we got home so I can have it framed and add it to the rest of the cherished UK Football memorabilia that graces my office walls (and desk and floor and bookcase).