Most Recent Posts
- Receiver Jeff Badet has broken fibula, receiver A.J. Legree “gonna quit and go play somewhere else”
- Jojo Kemp: “I’m trying to make this like high school again”
- Alex Poythress to return to Kentucky for junior season
- Jordan Swindle improving, becoming leader going against “freak” Bud Dupree in practice
- Julius Randle knew he had to sacrifice just like others for Kentucky to succeed
- Dakari Johnson appreciated the way Kentucky fans “stuck with us”
- Neal Brown would like one running back to emerge, but okay with running back by committee
- Julius Randle “can’t speak” on what Harrisons will do, but expects UK to have “amazing team” again
By LARRY VAUGHT
One of the best parts of my job — maybe the best part — is the interaction I get to have with UK fans now. Take what happened with Carter Wasson and his wife, Shirley Ann, Friday.
They stopped by The Advocate-Messenger so Wasson, 58, could show me how excited he was about the arrival of coach Mark Stoops. It had inspired him to get a tattoo on his leg for all to see proclaiming his love for UK during spring practice. He even had me autograph his shirt.
Later he sent me this e-mail:
“Thanks so much for taking time to visit with us this afternoon. On the way home, I looked at my freshly autographed shirt and noticed that the ‘Size 3X’ sticker was still boldly displayed in the center of my chest. Annie (Shirley Ann) grinned and asked ‘So, what are you going to do about that?’ My reply was ‘Not a thing. I’d never ask Larry Vaught to sign anything but a brand new shirt.’ I hung it up as soon as we got home so I can have it framed and add it to the rest of the cherished UK Football memorabilia that graces my office walls (and desk and floor and bookcase).