Most Recent Posts
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands obstacles, challenges at UK but “we’re going to play to win”
- Former UK great Jeff Sheppard excited about recruiting class, but says fans should remember players are young
- Kentucky fans even took time to throw up the “3 goggles” in the Alps
- Signee Marcus Lee says Kentucky “will refuse to lose next year”
- Even UK football coach Mark Stoops did not expect this much fan support at Kentucky
- Video: UK softball coach Rachel Lawson previews the Super Regional clash against Arizona State
- ESPN.com’s Jason King seems to have logical rankings going into next season
- Mark Stoops on John Calipari: “I love being around him”
Coach John Calipari surprised Kentucky basketball fans Friday as he flew over Kelley Farms, sharing a sneak peek of their nationally-acclaimed corn maze on his Facebook page. Following up on last year’s design featuring Coach Cal’s likeness, this year, the Lexington farming family chose to celebrate the UK Men’s Basketball NCAA National Championship Title in a big way. Big Blue fans can get lost in the giant cornfield featuring a UK player going for the basket.
“We were days away from announcing this year’s design, but it’s impossible to hide a giant cornfield,” laughed farm owner John Kelley. “Coach Cal beat us to the punch, and there’s no one we’d rather have make the announcement. We’d like to congratulate him and the team for bringing home the trophy this year. We’re showing our Big Blue pride in a larger-than-life way - you just can’t beat that.”
In addition to the Giant Corn Maze, visitors of all ages can enjoy hayrides, pumpkin picking, games and other outdoor activities at Kelley Farms. The farm will be open to visitors every Wednesday through Saturday, September 14 through the last weekend in October, weather permitting.
For additional information and updates from Kelley Farms, visit www.Facebook.com/LexingtonCornMaze and follow them on Twitter @GiantCornMaze.