Most Recent Posts
- Guest Post: Maybe it’s time for fans to quit setting young Cats up for failure
- Stoops on Drew Barker: “I expect him to come in from day one and compete for the starting job”
- Stoops expects JUCO signees Johnson, Stamps — who picked UK over Ohio State — to help defense immediately
- UK assistant coach Kenny Payne knows adjustments Cats must make, especially on defense, to avoid being “up and down”
- UK recruiting targe Matt Elam likes having Cats coach Mark Stoops as “my chauffeur” in his Mercedes
- Draft analyst doesn’t think UK’s James Young has played like first-round pick yet
- Gym rat Montaque Gill-Caesar likes the family atmosphere at Huntington Prep, still waiting on reclassifying decision
- Matt Elam has reasons for wanting to be like Tim Couch
The Tom Hammond Kentucky Sports Media Award was presented Thursday to Larry Vaught of the Danville Advocate-Messenger.
The ceremony, held as part of the Bluegrass Sports Awards, sponsored by the Bluegrass Sports Commission (BSC) and Alltech, was one of five awards presented. Anthony Davis, former UK basketball player and now a member of the NBA’s New Orleans Hornets, was named 2012 Herald-Leader Kentucky Sportsman of the Year.
Dick Enberg was presented with the Tom Hammond Award, The Jim Host Sports Business Award was presented to Keeneland legend, Mr. Ted Bassett, and the Jim Host Youth Sports Award honored the late KHSAA commissioner Mr. Louis Stout.