Most Recent Posts
- Ohio twins will transfer from Pittsburgh to Kentucky
- Photo Gallery: Alex Poythress at Camp Cal
- Ohio RB Mikel Horton did all he could to help convince Georgia RB Boom Williams to commit to UK
- Boom Willams expects to make impact returning punts, kickoffs
- UK commit Stanley Williams ready to bring the “Boom” to Kentucky football
- Calipari uses Twitter to explain Kentucky’s recruiting success
- Longtime sports writer Joey Fosko dies from apparent heart attack
- Kentucky offers athletic 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman
Former Kentucky standout Anthony Davis was 5-for-5 from the field and 2-for-2 at the free throw line and had 12 points Tuesday for Team USA along with three rebounds, one block one steal in 14 minutes in the 110-63 win over Tunisia.
“We have so many guys who can come in and there’s no drop-off when you go to your bench,” Kevin Durant said after Tuesday’s win in London. “He (Davis) just finds a way to get to the basket, just goes hard. He’s so athletic and it’s easy for us to just lob it up there and he’ll go get it. I’m happy for him. He’s coming out and playing well and learning a lot before his rookie season.”
Here are some thoughts Davis, the top pick in the June NBA draft, shared after the game via usabasketball.com.
On his play against Tunisia?
Davis: “It was fun. I’ve had a fun time out here playing today. These guys have a lot of confidence in me, and so does Coach K. Put me in the right time and I was just having a ball.”
When you went out of the game, it seemed like everyone was off the bench. What did people say to you?
Davis: “They gave me high fives and that was it. There wasn’t much to it. I came out of the game and we were high-fiving, just like any other guy coming out of the game.”
How much of a difference is it for you to come out of college and play against some of the top teams from around the world?
Davis: It’s a big adjustment, because the game’s a lot faster, more physical. College there wasn’t the size there. You gotta try to get use to that. Hopefully it carries over into the NBA. The NBA’s not this physical. Hopefully I gained a lot of experience today.”
What can you say about the first experience of being with guys like Kobe Bryant and LeBron James?
Davis: “It’s great. These guys are stars and it’s fun to be around them, learn from them. I pick up their habits.”
Who were you looking forward to playing with here?
Davis: “All of them. I’ve never played with any of them.”