Most Recent Posts
- Ohio twins will transfer from Pittsburgh to Kentucky
- Photo Gallery: Alex Poythress at Camp Cal
- Ohio RB Mikel Horton did all he could to help convince Georgia RB Boom Williams to commit to UK
- Boom Willams expects to make impact returning punts, kickoffs
- UK commit Stanley Williams ready to bring the “Boom” to Kentucky football
- Calipari uses Twitter to explain Kentucky’s recruiting success
- Longtime sports writer Joey Fosko dies from apparent heart attack
- Kentucky offers athletic 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman
2011 NBA Draft UK Notes
- The last time the Wildcats had multiple players selected in the first round of the draft in back-to-back years was in 1996 (Antoine Walker – 1st Rd., 6th overall, Boston; Tony Delk Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 1st Rd., 16th overall, Charlotte; Walter McCarty Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 1st Rd., 19th overall, New York) and 1997 (Ron Mercer Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 1st Rd., 6th overall, Boston; Derek Anderson Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 1st Rd., 13th overall, Cleveland).
- Kentucky has had four players selected in the top 10, five in the top 15 and seven in the first round of the draft in the last two years.
- Josh Harrellson was the 100th Wildcat to be taken in the NBA Draft.
- The Wildcats have had 101 players drafted by the NBA since the draft began in 1947.
- 27 Wildcats have been selected in the first round.
- Enes Kanter is the third Wildcat drafted by the Utah Jazz franchise. The last was Scott Padgett in the 1999 draft (1st Rd., 28th overall).
- Brandon Knight is the sixth Wildcat drafted by the Detroit Pistons franchise. The last was Tayshaun Prince in the 2002 draft (1st Rd., 23rd overall).
- Josh Harrellson is the fourth Wildcat drafted by the New Orleans Hornets franchise. The last was Jamaal Magloire by the Charlotte Hornets in the 2000 draft (1st, 19th overall).
DeAndre Liggins is the third Wildcat to be drafted by the Orlando Magic franchise. The last was Daniel Orton in the 2010 draft.