Most Recent Posts
- Swiss Cat Part 2: Larry continues his adventure in Switzerland
- Brumbaugh understands junior college talent, feels he can bring JUCO players to UK
- Volleyball training, personality will both help Marcus Lee at Kentucky
- UK coach Mark Stoops was patient with Neal Brown because he was “all-in” on hiring him
- UK signee Marcus Lee overcame early education struggles to succeed in academics, athletics
- No. 12 Kentucky and No. 5 Arizona State to start best-of-three NCAA Super Regional set Saturday at 10 p.m. ET
- Stoops: Hiring Neal Brown to run Kentucky offense was a “no-brainer for me”
- Nunley, Cumbess Propel No. 12 UK Softball to Super Regionals
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kentucky has reached into Florida again to pull out a 2013 football commitment.
Jalen Battle picked UK over Illinois, Tulane, Massachusetts and Navy. The 6-3, 180-pound safety from Ft. Lauderdale has not made a visit to UK, but will do so in the weeks ahead. However, he’s talked to other UK commits as well as checked enough information to know that he wants to play for the Wildcats and secondary coach Mike Cassity.
Obviously, academics should be no problem for him since he plans to major in pharmacy.
He’s confident he can make an impact and told Scout.com that Kentucky is getting “a ball-hawking defender, a playmaker, a showstopper.”
He also calls his commitment “solid” even though he continues to receive interest from other schools.