Most Recent Posts
- Greater Atlanta UK Alumni Club hosting pep rally at Hawk Walk Friday
- Kentucky players mum on mysterious John Calipari tweak except Cauley-Stein says it is ‘mentality’
- John Calipari “disappointed in me for not doing it earlier” after unknown tweak to UK offense
- WR Blake Bone can be flamboyant, different but he says “my only mission is to catch the ball”
- Julius Randle adds USBWA all-district honor
- Julius Randle SEC freshman of year; James Young, Willie Cauley-Stein honored
- Kris Bentley of Sundy Best says performing at UK “one of the coolest things we’ve ever done”
- John Calipari: “I’ve think we’ve done right by these kids (who have gone to the NBA early”
By LARRY VAUGHT
James Young hit six of 12 shots to score 16 points in Tuesday’s win over Mississippi, but he also had six rebounds and five assists.
“I need to start doing that more,” Young said of his rebounding on the UK Radio Network postgame show. “I just been chilllin’ the last few games. I need to get boards like Coach has been saying.”
Young said the way UK started the game and eventually got a 22-point lead in the second half before relaxing and letting Ole Miss cut it to six points is how the team wanted to come back after Saturday’s loss to Florida.
“That’s what we had to do after tough loss. Come back with a lot of energy and act like the loss never happened and keep playing our game, and that’s what we did,” Young said. “We came out with a lot more energy. Slapping the ground, clapping and every time somebody did a good job we have high fives and said good job.”
So what happened when UK let the Rebels back into a game when it was on the verge of being a 30-point win instead of an 84-70 win?
“Coach talked about that. We kind of had our head down cause of their run and we have to stop doing that. We have to let it go and get on our run,” Young said.
Now Kentucky gets a chance to avenge one of their three SEC losses Saturday when they host LSU. Young said payback was “definitely” on UK’s mind.
“We have to come back and get them. It was kind of a rough finish (at LSU). We have to pick it up and keep moving forward,” Young said.