Most Recent Posts
- Ohio twins will transfer from Pittsburgh to Kentucky
- Photo Gallery: Alex Poythress at Camp Cal
- Ohio RB Mikel Horton did all he could to help convince Georgia RB Boom Williams to commit to UK
- Boom Willams expects to make impact returning punts, kickoffs
- UK commit Stanley Williams ready to bring the “Boom” to Kentucky football
- Calipari uses Twitter to explain Kentucky’s recruiting success
- Longtime sports writer Joey Fosko dies from apparent heart attack
- Kentucky offers athletic 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman
Big Blue fans across the Commonwealth will have a chance to honor the six outstanding student-athletes that make up the 2012 University of Kentucky Athletics Hall of Fame class. The Hall of Fame ceremony will be held on Sept. 14 at 6 p.m. at the Marriott Griffin Gate hotel. Tickets are $100 a person, while supplies last, and include entrance into the reception at 6 p.m., followed by a dinner at 6:45 p.m.
For more ticket information, please contact Elizabeth Briggs by phone a 859-257-1757 or by e-mail at email@example.com. All ticket orders should be placed by Sept. 5, as dinner seats are limited.
The 2012 class includes former UK student-athletes Derek Abney (football), Leroy Edwards (men’s basketball), J.B. Holmes (men’s golf), Jeff Keener (baseball), Clayton Moss (swimming and diving) and Nancy Scranton (women’s golf).
There is a five-year waiting period – after leaving UK – to be eligible for inclusion into the Hall of Fame and an additional five-year waiting period to have a jersey retired. An individual must be a member of the Hall of Fame to be eligible for jersey retirement. A committee consisting of Hall of Famers, media members, campus representatives, and current coaches and administrators elects new inductees each year.