Most Recent Posts
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
- Receiver Jeff Badet has broken fibula, receiver A.J. Legree “gonna quit and go play somewhere else”
- Jojo Kemp: “I’m trying to make this like high school again”
- Alex Poythress to return to Kentucky for junior season
- Jordan Swindle improving, becoming leader going against “freak” Bud Dupree in practice
- Julius Randle knew he had to sacrifice just like others for Kentucky to succeed
- Dakari Johnson appreciated the way Kentucky fans “stuck with us”
- Neal Brown would like one running back to emerge, but okay with running back by committee
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kentucky released the 16-page contract that new football coach Mark Stoops signed Nov. 26 that will eventually pay him $11 million over five years.
I read through the contract and picked out a few facts/tidbits that I thought might be of interest to you:
— Stoops may receive up to $1,250 worth of shoes, apparel or equipment each calendar year.
— He must comply with any and all reasonable actions to increase student and fan interest in and support of the football program.
— He must notify the athletics director of any offers of employment.
— His coaching salary from UK is $400,000 annually.
— His compensation for participation in multiple media programs and athletically-related endorsements, Stoops will get annual compensation of $1,600,000 in year one; $1,700,000 in year two; $1,800,000 in year three; $1,900,000 in year four; and $2 million in year five.
— Stoops must provide a written detailed account to the athletics director and university president at least once annually — or more often if requested — for all athletically related income or benefits.
— If UK wins five or more SEC games, he gets $100,000.
— Beginning with the second SEC win each season, he will get $100,000 for each SEC win.
— If UK wins the SEC Eastern Division, he gets another $100,000.
— If UK wins the SEC championship, he will get $200,000.
— If the football team has a 2.75 or better cumulative GPA, he gets $25,000.
— He will be provided with two late model automobiles for office and personal use.
— Stoops will get 16 regular season stadium football tickets for each home game. He may request use of a box of 14 seats. He will also get four tickets to each home basketball game.