Most Recent Posts
- Ohio twins will transfer from Pittsburgh to Kentucky
- Photo Gallery: Alex Poythress at Camp Cal
- Ohio RB Mikel Horton did all he could to help convince Georgia RB Boom Williams to commit to UK
- Boom Willams expects to make impact returning punts, kickoffs
- UK commit Stanley Williams ready to bring the “Boom” to Kentucky football
- Calipari uses Twitter to explain Kentucky’s recruiting success
- Longtime sports writer Joey Fosko dies from apparent heart attack
- Kentucky offers athletic 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kentucky released the 16-page contract that new football coach Mark Stoops signed Nov. 26 that will eventually pay him $11 million over five years.
I read through the contract and picked out a few facts/tidbits that I thought might be of interest to you:
— Stoops may receive up to $1,250 worth of shoes, apparel or equipment each calendar year.
— He must comply with any and all reasonable actions to increase student and fan interest in and support of the football program.
— He must notify the athletics director of any offers of employment.
— His coaching salary from UK is $400,000 annually.
— His compensation for participation in multiple media programs and athletically-related endorsements, Stoops will get annual compensation of $1,600,000 in year one; $1,700,000 in year two; $1,800,000 in year three; $1,900,000 in year four; and $2 million in year five.
— Stoops must provide a written detailed account to the athletics director and university president at least once annually — or more often if requested — for all athletically related income or benefits.
— If UK wins five or more SEC games, he gets $100,000.
— Beginning with the second SEC win each season, he will get $100,000 for each SEC win.
— If UK wins the SEC Eastern Division, he gets another $100,000.
— If UK wins the SEC championship, he will get $200,000.
— If the football team has a 2.75 or better cumulative GPA, he gets $25,000.
— He will be provided with two late model automobiles for office and personal use.
— Stoops will get 16 regular season stadium football tickets for each home game. He may request use of a box of 14 seats. He will also get four tickets to each home basketball game.