Most Recent Posts
- Florida WR Tyre Brady says “I am proud to say I am committed to Kentucky” no matter what some others say
- Calipari will be honorary pace car driver for Kentucky Speedway NASCAR race
- Neal Brown on Mobley, Sanders, Miller, Borden, Shields, Kendrick, Timmons and more
- Humphrey “grateful” that Archie Goodwin got to play under John Calipari
- Brown says line, receiver are offensive recruiting needs; OL Kelly commits
- Goodwin getting “postive feedback” from workouts with various NBA teams
- Ohio twins will transfer from Pittsburgh to Kentucky
- Photo Gallery: Alex Poythress at Camp Cal
Kentucky has announced its 2012-13 men’s basketball non-conference schedule. The schedule features a season-opening game against Maryland on Nov. 9, opening the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., as a part of the Barclays Center Classic, followed by a Nov. 13 matchup against Duke in the Georgia Dome in the Champions Classic.
The Wildcats open the home portion of their schedule on Nov. 16 with three straight home games against Lafayette College (Pa.), Morehead State (Nov. 21) and Long Island University (Nov. 23). All three games are a part of the Barclays Center Classic.
Kentucky returns to South Bend, Ind., for the first time since the 2008-09 season on Nov. 29 to take on Notre Dame in the SEC/Big East Challenge. The Wildcats will return home for five straight games beginning with the Baylor Bears on Dec. 1, followed by home games against Samford (Dec. 4), Portland (Dec. 8), Lipscomb (Dec. 15) and Marshall (Dec. 22).
The annual UK-UL game will close out the 2012 calendar on Dec. 29 in Louisville. The Wildcats will ring in the New Year on Jan. 2 hosting Eastern Michigan in UK’s final non-conference tune-up before Southeastern Conference play begins Jan. 8-10.
Prior to regular-season action, Kentucky hosts a pair of exhibition games. The first will be Nov. 1 against Northwood, while the second exhibition will take place Nov.5, when Kentucky hosts in-town rival Transylvania for the second consecutive year.
Kentucky begins formal preparations for the season with Big Blue Madness on Friday, Oct. 12, at Rupp Arena, followed by the Blue-White Scrimmage on Oct. 24.