Most Recent Posts
- This year John Calipari says the SEC Tournament is important for UK’s mojo
- High school coordinator on UK WR signee Blake Bone: “He doesn’t get caught”
- Kentucky big man Julius Randle: “We don’t know what we’ve got to do but we’ve got to get going”
- UK coach John Calipari: “I didn’t think we had any kind of fight” to start the game
- Miami Heat sign former UK standout DeAndre Liggins to 2nd 10-day contract
- 2014 SEC Tournament Bracket: Cats to play 7 p.m. Friday
- Photos from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK players Julius Randle and Dakari Johnson talk after the loss to Florida
Atlanta – Jahlil Okafor is coming to Louisville. The nation’s best high school basketball junior center will join his Whitney Young team in the RedStateBlueState Series against Evangelical Christian School of Cordova, Tenn., on Feb. 2 at Broadbent Arena.
The 6-foot-11 Okafor has been dominant so far this season averaging a double-double with over 20 points and 10 rebounds per game leading his 13-1 Dolphins to a #5 ranking in the latest USA Today national poll. He is rated the no. 2 overall prospect in the 2014 class by ESPN and has received scholarship offers from nearly every high major program in the country including Louisville, Kentucky, Michigan State, Duke, Illinois, and Arizona.
RedStateBlueState Series will be held in Louisville, and features recruiting targets and committed prospects of the University of Louisville basketball and University of Kentucky (Karl Towns of St. Joseph, Dakari Johnson of Montverde). For more, go to RedStateBlueStateSeries.com. Also follow on Twitter @isKyRedOrBlue.
February 2, 2013 at Broadbent Arena in Louisville, KY
3:00 ET St. Joseph (Metuchen, N.J.) vs. Ballard (Louisville, Ky.)
4:30 ET Whitney Young (Chicago, Ill.) vs Evangelical Christian (Cordova, Tenn.)
March 3, 2013 at Freedom Hall in Louisville, KY
4:00 ET Montverde Academy (Fla.) vs. Huntington Prep (W.Va.)
Tickets are on sale and available now through Ticketmaster at ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000 or at the Freedom Hall box office.
About RedStateBlueState Series
The Red State Blue State Series is a showcase of high school basketball games that features University of Louisville and University of Kentucky recruits. The series generates great excitement among the nation’s most passionate basketball fans and gives them a special sneak preview of these talented prospects. Hard-core UK and UofL fans show their spirit for their favorite team and show the world that Kentucky is really a red state or a blue state. The event is held in Louisville, Ky. See more at redstatebluestateseries.com.