Most Recent Posts
- Guest post: Fan offers impression of new Cats from Jordan Brand Classic
- Draft analyst says strong season could lock Willie Cauley-Stein into lottery, but he must avoid another slump
- A.J. Stamps, J.D. Harmon could bolster UK’s chance to increase interceptions
- Colts DL Bjoern Werner gave “words of wisdom” to Cats, liked way Bud Dupree was “coming off ball”
- SI.com’s Brian Hamilton ranks three Kentucky wins among four best NCAA tourney games this year
- Stan Van Gundy tells Mike Bianchi that John Calipari “had more NBA players” at UK than Lakers do
- Mike Douglas feels like “old man on the block” but knows he can help defensive line
- Trey Lyles has 17 points, Tyler Ulis goes for 9 points, 9 assists in Jordan Brand Classic
Atlanta – Jahlil Okafor is coming to Louisville. The nation’s best high school basketball junior center will join his Whitney Young team in the RedStateBlueState Series against Evangelical Christian School of Cordova, Tenn., on Feb. 2 at Broadbent Arena.
The 6-foot-11 Okafor has been dominant so far this season averaging a double-double with over 20 points and 10 rebounds per game leading his 13-1 Dolphins to a #5 ranking in the latest USA Today national poll. He is rated the no. 2 overall prospect in the 2014 class by ESPN and has received scholarship offers from nearly every high major program in the country including Louisville, Kentucky, Michigan State, Duke, Illinois, and Arizona.
RedStateBlueState Series will be held in Louisville, and features recruiting targets and committed prospects of the University of Louisville basketball and University of Kentucky (Karl Towns of St. Joseph, Dakari Johnson of Montverde). For more, go to RedStateBlueStateSeries.com. Also follow on Twitter @isKyRedOrBlue.
February 2, 2013 at Broadbent Arena in Louisville, KY
3:00 ET St. Joseph (Metuchen, N.J.) vs. Ballard (Louisville, Ky.)
4:30 ET Whitney Young (Chicago, Ill.) vs Evangelical Christian (Cordova, Tenn.)
March 3, 2013 at Freedom Hall in Louisville, KY
4:00 ET Montverde Academy (Fla.) vs. Huntington Prep (W.Va.)
Tickets are on sale and available now through Ticketmaster at ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000 or at the Freedom Hall box office.
About RedStateBlueState Series
The Red State Blue State Series is a showcase of high school basketball games that features University of Louisville and University of Kentucky recruits. The series generates great excitement among the nation’s most passionate basketball fans and gives them a special sneak preview of these talented prospects. Hard-core UK and UofL fans show their spirit for their favorite team and show the world that Kentucky is really a red state or a blue state. The event is held in Louisville, Ky. See more at redstatebluestateseries.com.