Most Recent Posts
- Stoops says the “bonding” in 2014 recruiting class is “very unique”
- Caldwell County QB Elijah Sindelar says college choice based on what God wants, education and how he feels about staff
- Stoops on Hurtt: “That’s too easy of a target for me to go after”
- Guest Post: Maybe it’s time for fans to quit setting young Cats up for failure
- Stoops on Drew Barker: “I expect him to come in from day one and compete for the starting job”
- Stoops expects JUCO signees Johnson, Stamps — who picked UK over Ohio State — to help defense immediately
- UK assistant coach Kenny Payne knows adjustments Cats must make, especially on defense, to avoid being “up and down”
- UK recruiting targe Matt Elam likes having Cats coach Mark Stoops as “my chauffeur” in his Mercedes
By LARRY VAUGHT
Recently Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer) of Slamonline.com caught up with Kentucky basketball commit Karl Towns Jr. of New Jersey and got some interesting quotes from the future Wildcat. Here’s two questions that define a lot about Towns’ personality and talent.
SLAM: At Kentucky, freshmen are often expected to take on a leadership role. What can you bring to the locker room as a leader?
Towns: “I’m a big-time demander. I demand you to do something. I think I have something like a potent attitude where I really need my teammates to do what I want them to do. If they don’t do it, then I’m gonna be really upset and I’m gonna make you do it. St. Joe’s people know how I am. The team knows how I am. I’m very demanding and I expect the most of everyone. If you don’t give me the most, then I want you to sit down and not play.”
SLAM: Many think that, right now, you’re the leading candidate for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft. What are your thoughts on that?
Towns: “For me, I feel those are realistic expectations and aspirations. I work real hard in the gym and I just expect the highest from myself. So, if I do everything I can and, god-willing, everything goes right, then I could see myself being the No. 1 pick and I could see myself having a very talented career. I just need to continue to work on my body, keep myself healthy and I can go a long way.”