Most Recent Posts
- UK coach John Calipari: “I didn’t think we had any kind of fight” to start the game
- Miami Heat sign former UK standout DeAndre Liggins to 2nd 10-day contract
- 2014 SEC Tournament Bracket: Cats to play 7 p.m. Friday
- Photos from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK players Julius Randle and Dakari Johnson talk after the loss to Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK Coach John Calipari talks after loss to Florida
- Behind “attack” mentality, No. 12 Kentucky takes down No. 5 South Carolina, 68-58
- UK Hoops advances to SEC Tourney finals with 68-58 win over South Carolina
By LARRY VAUGHT
Joker Phillips emphasized again Tuesday that he never asked Kentucky athletics director Mitch Barnhart for anything he did not get.
“And all I asked for was things that would help the players: Jeremy Jarmon’s position, everything I asked for as far as recruiting. Anything that would benefit the player, he never once said no,” said Phillips.
Phillips has no regrets about not asking for more, either.
“Bells and whistles don’t sell places. They don’t. They just don’t. They help a little bit, but they don’t sell places,” Phillips said. “I was at Notre Dame, and if you’d have seen the locker rooms and the meeting rooms, they weren’t there. And they’d won a few championships there. I don’t think the bells and whistles help. I think steady recruiting and, again, making sure that you have a guy (quarterback) that can pull the trigger here and then making sure you have your two upper-level (recruiting) classes stockpiled.”