Most Recent Posts
- Video: UK softball coach Rachel Lawson previews the Super Regional clash against Arizona State
- ESPN.com’s Jason King seems to have logical rankings going into next season
- Mark Stoops on John Calipari: “I love being around him”
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands that hiring Vince Marrow was a home run for Kentucky
- Video: Larry hears cowbells, makes a chocolate cow and soaks up the culture in Switzerland
- Video: UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown talks about recruiting the home state of Kentucky
- What role did Drew Barker’s mother play in his athletic development?
- Calipari will be keynote speaker at Iba Awards June 3 in Tulsa
By LARRY VAUGHT
Here’s what Kentucky coach Joker Phillips had to say today when asked if he had lost confidence in kicker Craig McIntosh:
“It’s not us having confidence in him. Again, we’ve been right on him. It seems like the teams that we’ve had a chance to kick the ball, it’s been around 42‑plus. It hasn’t been anything under 40 that we’ve had an opportunity to kick. So it’s been really tough kicks for him. We haven’t lost confidence in him, and just me talking to him on Saturday after the game, he hasn’t lost confidence. He’s rearing and willing to go out there and kick.
“And again, I told him this year he’s going to have to go in and kick field goals to help us win. I really believe that. So we have a lot of belief in him and he has a lot of belief in himself.
“There’s the game of those little inches. You know, the 50‑something‑yarder the other day was really close. All the other ones have been really close also because they can get you points.”