Most Recent Posts
- Cauley-Stein on comparison to Rodman: “I ain’t wearing no wedding dress or nothing.”
- UK freshman James Young on team’s effort against Boise State: “We wanted to prove a lot of people wrong”
- John Calipari and Rick Pitino part of new CBS Sports series “NCAA Men of March”
- Guest post: Schedule ‘custom made’ for Calipari’s Cats to improve now
- Despite 8th double-double, UK freshman Julius Randle says “I still can do a lot better”
- Limited number of eRUPPTion Zone tickets for Belmont, Mississippi State available
- Freshman star Julius Randle admits UK ‘harder’ than expected, but nothing ‘I can’t handle’
- Kentucky athletics director Mitch Barnhart wants to “create great environment with students” around recruiting room
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kentucky freshman running back JoJo Kemp, who wore a microphone for UKTV at Media Day and interviewed fans at the recent Fan Day for UKTV, said the positive feeling about UK football “surprised me a lot at first” until he started paying more attention to social networks after he verbally committed to Kentucky.
“I kind of could tell how much hype we had coming in. I tell everybody now to stay humble and stay focused on the task at hand and let everything take care of itself,” Kemp said. “Coach Stoops changed the program around and gave people hope again. Now we want to keep it that way and just keep going and accelerate every year.
“No way a year ago would I have thought there was any chance I could be here. I really think and believe in my heart that we really have a chance. What Coach (Stoops) said, we are the sleeping giant for real. We believe that.”
Kemp admits his freshman class does talk about the kind of legacy it can leave at Kentucky.
“Yes, we talk about that all the time. We try to keep each other with that mindset in our head,” Kemp said. “When we like go out, we have to keep that in our heads so we won’t make any mistakes and just don’t do anything stupid. We have a very big opportunity here and we want to go forward with it.”