Most Recent Posts
- Calipari will be keynote speaker at Iba Awards June 3 in Tulsa
- D.J. Eliot understands coach Mark Stoops “very well” can bring new ideas to UK defense
- Swiss Cat Part 2: Larry continues his adventure in Switzerland
- Brumbaugh understands junior college talent, feels he can bring JUCO players to UK
- Volleyball training, personality will both help Marcus Lee at Kentucky
- UK coach Mark Stoops was patient with Neal Brown because he was “all-in” on hiring him
- UK signee Marcus Lee overcame early education struggles to succeed in academics, athletics
- No. 12 Kentucky and No. 5 Arizona State to start best-of-three NCAA Super Regional set Saturday at 10 p.m. ET
By LARRY VAUGHT
If you like a chance to discuss Kentucky football or basketball, or any local sports, then make sure to listen to WHIR-AM (1230) and WHBN-AM (1420) tonight when former UK center Dave Hopewell and I resume our college football-oriented talk show.
We will be on from 6 to 7 p.m. each Thursday during the football season to look ahead to upcoming Kentucky games as well as the top local sports stories each week. We will have special guests — former Wildcat quarterback Freddie Maggard will be in studio Aug. 23 and future UK Hall of Famer Derek Abney will join us Aug. 30 to discuss Kentucky-Louisville — and an open line to take your calls. It’s a fun way to gauge what UK football fans think about the coaching, players, opponents, future and more.
You can also hear the show online at http://www.hometownlive.net/
We’ve had a fun two years doing the show and hope this will be an even more informative and entertaining season for all of us. And if you have a topic you know you would like us to discuss, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon each Thursday and we will try to answer your question.