Most Recent Posts
- Jared Lorenzen on Drew Barker: “He is just there, just more mature than I ever was or am.”
- UK freshman Julius Randle glad that Calipari is “not going to praise us” for mediocre efforts
- NCAA trends: Scoring, FG percent up, fouls up; turnovers downs
- Center Jon Toth named to SEC All-Freshman Team
- So you want to be a photographer? Clay Jackson shows the hazards of the profession
- Cauley-Stein on comparison to Rodman: “I ain’t wearing no wedding dress or nothing.”
- UK freshman James Young on team’s effort against Boise State: “We wanted to prove a lot of people wrong”
- John Calipari and Rick Pitino part of new CBS Sports series “NCAA Men of March”
By LARRY VAUGHT
Credit WKYT-TV for being in Hazard Thursday when John Calipari, Mark Stoops and Matthew Mitchell were there as part of 1st Trust Bank’s “Meet the Coaches” event.
WKYT-TV had this insightful comment from Calipari about team toughness.
“Tough guys win. It puts us on our toes for this coming year which is there’s no given. Just because you have really good players doesn’t mean you’re going to win. It gives you a leg up but it doesn’t do it,” Calipari said. “For anyone to tell you they can win with bad players, the players were good or you wouldn’t win. But if you want to win championships, it’s the best players who play well together and become the best team.”