Most Recent Posts
- What role did Drew Barker’s mother play in his athletic development?
- Calipari will be keynote speaker at Iba Awards June 3 in Tulsa
- D.J. Eliot understands coach Mark Stoops “very well” can bring new ideas to UK defense
- Swiss Cat Part 2: Larry continues his adventure in Switzerland
- Brumbaugh understands junior college talent, feels he can bring JUCO players to UK
- Volleyball training, personality will both help Marcus Lee at Kentucky
- UK coach Mark Stoops was patient with Neal Brown because he was “all-in” on hiring him
- UK signee Marcus Lee overcame early education struggles to succeed in academics, athletics
By LARRY VAUGHT
Here’s more with Kentucky junior guard Jarrod Polson, who is perhaps as popular with female fans as any UK player, based on questions vaughtsviews.com readers suggested I ask him at Media Day.
Question: Why have you added a beard this year?
Polson: “It’s not really deciding not to shave. I didn’t shave last year, either, but I couldn’t grow anything. I can finally grow some stuff after 21 years. There is no need to shave. I am just experimenting on some things, or just laziness.”
Question: Considering how popular you seem to be with female fans of all ages, do you have a steady girlfriend?
Polson: “I don’t. I am looking for one. Well, really not looking for one, but I don’t have a steady girlfriend.”
Question: Is it possible for a UK player to have a steady girlfriend considering the time you put into basketball?
Polson: “There are a lot of guys on our team who have girlfriends. It is funny that we were talking about that the other day. I think like half the team has a girlfriend. Obviously, the girls might get a little mad sometimes when other girls are loving the Kentucky basketball team. But it is possible.”
Question: So do the half that have girlfriends have it right or wrong?
Polson: “It’s a matter of perspective I guess on that.”