Most Recent Posts
- Draft analyst Ed Isaacson sees Alex Poythress as early second round pick, not sure Dakari Johnson goes in 1st round
- Mark Stoops explains why providing unlimited meals, snacks for athletes is right thing to do
- NBAdraftblog.com’s Ed Isaacson sees Andrew, Aaron Harrison in lower part of NBA first round
- Quarterback Jalen Whitlow’s transfer best for him and Kentucky, too
- Neal Brown “disappointed” but understands why QB Jalen Whitlow will transfer rather than change positions
- Karl Towns expects to have a “blast” playing at UK with Willie Cauley-Stein
- UK offensive line not ready to “manhandle people in the SEC” but Mark Stoops expects improvement
- UK announces quarterback Jalen Whitlow plans to transfer
By LARRY VAUGHT
Sometimes the pregame press conferences produce some insightful answers/information from players and quotes that are ones to remember.
Friday freshman James Young was asked what it was like to watch film one-on-one with coach John Calipari. I thought his answer was wise beyond his years.
“He tells you … we call it medicine. He feeds you all the bad things and you know you’re not going to like it but you got to get it anyway,” said Young. “Just learn from it. It’s nice because you see everything you do wrong and he points it out to you. You just got to fix it.”