Most Recent Posts
- Freshman RB Mikel Horton says Cats didn’t have right guidance, right discipline until Mark Stoops arrived
- Andrew, Aaron Harrison still weighing NBA evaluations
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: Coach Brumbaugh Mic’d Up – Spring 2014
- UK coach John Calipari says “winning matters” when it comes to NBA draft
- Guest post: Fan offers impression of new Cats from Jordan Brand Classic
- Draft analyst says strong season could lock Willie Cauley-Stein into lottery, but he must avoid another slump
- A.J. Stamps, J.D. Harmon could bolster UK’s chance to increase interceptions
- Colts DL Bjoern Werner gave “words of wisdom” to Cats, liked way Bud Dupree was “coming off ball”
Former Kentucky All-America selection Jamal Mashburn has been tabbed as Kentucky’s Southeastern Conference Basketball Legend and will be honored at this year’s SEC Tournament being held in Nashville, Tenn. A two-time All-America pick during his three years at Kentucky, Mashburn was the cornerstone of UK’s return to the elite of college basketball. He was selected consensus first-team All-America in the 1993 season when he helped lead the Wildcats to the Final Four where he was named to the All-Final Four Team.
A three-time All-SEC selection, Mashburn finished his career with 1,843 points, fourth most in school history at the time. Voted the 1993 SEC Player of the Year, Mashburn was selected fourth overall in the 1993 NBA Draft by the Dallas Mavericks.
Each SEC Basketball Legend will be recognized at halftime of his institution’s first game at the tournament.