Most Recent Posts
- Revised Marshall County Hoop Fest schedule on Saturday
- Video: UK TV interviews Julius Randle and Dominique Hawkins prior to the matchup with Baylor
- Weather delays HoopFest, Lyles will play twice on Saturday
- Numbers project a 75-68 Kentucky win over Baylor
- Jaleel Hytchye talks freshman year playing time, Stoops’ unsportsmanlike penalty
- Some story lines — from Baylor perspective — for tonight’s Kentucky game
- Randle on no double-double: “I’m all about winning. That’s why I came here.”
- Randle on Cauley-Stein: “He’s going to lead with his actions or how hard he plays”
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kentucky commit Dakari Johnson is an engaging, articulate youngster who has a man’s body (255 pounds) on the court. I talked to him today at the McDonald’s All-American Game hoping to maybe get a hint about where Andrew Wiggins was going to college since he’s on the same team here as Johnson and Julius Randle, another UK commit.
Question: Is it just a coincidence that you, Randle and Andrew Wiggins seemed to be together on the court a lot or are you guys trying to sell him on Kentucky?
Johnson: “He is a good player. Of course, we are going to tell him to go to Kentucky but I am not trying to put too much pressure on him. I know it was hard for me to make my decision. He is a good kid, good player, good person.”
Question: Does Wiggins drop any recruiting hints to players since he gives no indications about his college choice to the media?
Johnson: “No, he is quiet. It is always, ‘I don’t know.’”