Most Recent Posts
- Greater Atlanta UK Alumni Club hosting pep rally at Hawk Walk Friday
- Kentucky players mum on mysterious John Calipari tweak except Cauley-Stein says it is ‘mentality’
- John Calipari “disappointed in me for not doing it earlier” after unknown tweak to UK offense
- WR Blake Bone can be flamboyant, different but he says “my only mission is to catch the ball”
- Julius Randle adds USBWA all-district honor
- Julius Randle SEC freshman of year; James Young, Willie Cauley-Stein honored
- Kris Bentley of Sundy Best says performing at UK “one of the coolest things we’ve ever done”
- John Calipari: “I’ve think we’ve done right by these kids (who have gone to the NBA early”
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kentucky commit Dakari Johnson is an engaging, articulate youngster who has a man’s body (255 pounds) on the court. I talked to him today at the McDonald’s All-American Game hoping to maybe get a hint about where Andrew Wiggins was going to college since he’s on the same team here as Johnson and Julius Randle, another UK commit.
Question: Is it just a coincidence that you, Randle and Andrew Wiggins seemed to be together on the court a lot or are you guys trying to sell him on Kentucky?
Johnson: “He is a good player. Of course, we are going to tell him to go to Kentucky but I am not trying to put too much pressure on him. I know it was hard for me to make my decision. He is a good kid, good player, good person.”
Question: Does Wiggins drop any recruiting hints to players since he gives no indications about his college choice to the media?
Johnson: “No, he is quiet. It is always, ‘I don’t know.’”