Most Recent Posts
- Former UK great Jeff Sheppard excited about recruiting class, but says fans should remember players are young
- Kentucky fans even took time to throw up the “3 goggles” in the Alps
- Signee Marcus Lee says Kentucky “will refuse to lose next year”
- Even UK football coach Mark Stoops did not expect this much fan support at Kentucky
- Video: UK softball coach Rachel Lawson previews the Super Regional clash against Arizona State
- ESPN.com’s Jason King seems to have logical rankings going into next season
- Mark Stoops on John Calipari: “I love being around him”
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands that hiring Vince Marrow was a home run for Kentucky
By LARRY VAUGHT
It’s amazing the statistics one can find about page views on a blog. Consider this tidbit Word Press provided about this blog: It would take about 35 years for as many people to visit Liechtenstein based on the yearly average of tourists the country has to equal the number of views this blog had in 2012.
But get this — during 2012 we had visitors from 168 countries at vaughtsviews.com. Imagine that. We had UK fans in 168 countries reading the posts and comments here.
In 2012, there were 2,198 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 5,344 posts since we started less than four years ago.
Our busiest day was March 26 — and is that just a coincidence that is also my birthday? Or did UK’s win to get to the Final Four have something to do with that. The top post that day was a photo gallery of UK’s Elite Eight win over Baylor in Atlanta.
And what post got the most comments? It was “Having Bobby Petrino at top of UK search makes sense to Joe Hall and maybe to others as well.” Just shows the interest in football there really is in Kentucky.
Now I’ve saved the best for last. Guess who were the four most active commenters in 2012? First was LindaS with an incredible 602 comments. But not far behind was Larry T Clemons with 564. King Ghidora also went over 500 with 548 comments. And next came Grant with 504.
What a Fearsome Foursome of commenters we have and thanks to each of them for their contributions to vaughtsviews.com. But thanks to all of you as well. We had the most comments ever this year and hope to see that trend continue because we’ve always wanted this to be a fan-friendly site with comments, guest posts, photo galleries, etc.
Gary Moyers, Clay Jackson, Victoria Graff and Ashley Scoby all do an incredible with content here but this is always your site first. We want to provide information you want and give you the chance to discuss it in a civilized, friendly forum where there are no right or wrong opinions.
So as we start another year together, thanks for your continued support of our efforts to keep you informed about Kentucky athletics.