Most Recent Posts
- UK coach John Calipari says players played too long and “I’m the one that played them that many minutes”
- UK OT Jordan Swindle on change in attitude: “These coaches instilled in us to play until the end and not give up”
- Kentucky nickelback Blake McClain happy to “just play fast”
- Booker says Kentucky, not Duke, has nation’s No. 1 recruiting class
- Cats Return To Rupp To Find Their Determination To Win; numbers favor UK by 10
- Coach on Booker: “He is the Peyton Manning of basketball” and he’s no “butt-hole”
- UK coach John Calipari talks life, bullying, Louisville, NBA and UK with Rafferty Monday at 7:30 on FOX Sports
- Calipari on Cats: “We start looking for excuses and heads down.”
By LARRY VAUGHT
Sophomore Jalen Whitlow ran for what coach Mark Stoops said was “about a 50-yard touchdown” in practice Tuesday. He is one of four quarterbacks battling for the starting job.
“He pulled one and ran one right into the end zone. Not very good defense but he looked good running down there,” Stoops said.
Stoops said it was “reasonable” to think Whitlow could help the team at another spot if he does not win the quarterback competition.
“I also think there’s a place for him whether he won the (quarterback) job or not to play him in a game because of the dimension he gives you,” Stoops said.
Stoops wouldn’t give any hints about which quarterback looked best in practice.
“Those guys have all done very well at times and been inconsistent at some,” the UK coach said.
He also offered no hints again about the deadline to name a starting quarterback.
“You’ve got to remember, everything has been open. There have been equal reps to this point, but we’ve evaluated every snap going back to last spring,” Stoops said. “We’ve got all the information on who has done what and all that. Again, you like to let them see with the one offense, with the one wide receivers, with the one offensive line and all that so we’ve got to give them the right opportunities with the right guys.
“But we’ve collected all this data and we’ve got an idea, sure, just like we do at all of our positions.”