Most Recent Posts
- Goodwin getting “postive feedback” from workouts with various NBA teams
- Ohio twins will transfer from Pittsburgh to Kentucky
- Photo Gallery: Alex Poythress at Camp Cal
- Ohio RB Mikel Horton did all he could to help convince Georgia RB Boom Williams to commit to UK
- Boom Willams expects to make impact returning punts, kickoffs
- UK commit Stanley Williams ready to bring the “Boom” to Kentucky football
- Calipari uses Twitter to explain Kentucky’s recruiting success
- Longtime sports writer Joey Fosko dies from apparent heart attack
By LARRY VAUGHT
How would Florida coach Billy Donovan compare UK freshman Nerlens Noel, the nation’s leading shot blocker, with Anthony Davis, the nation’s best last year when he led UK to a national title?
“I think he is just as good as Anthony Davis as a shot blocker, I don’t think there is any question about that. He has unbelievable length, has unbelievable timing, he is very gifted at it for a skill guy,” said Donovan.
“He keeps himself out of foul trouble; he can alter shots from a lot different directions and areas on the floor. I think we have to have a level of intelligence, and I think driving in there and trying to shoot over top of him is probably not a wise choice, but I still think we are a team that needs to attack.”