Most Recent Posts
- Limited number of eRUPPTion Zone tickets for Belmont, Mississippi State available
- Freshman star Julius Randle admits UK ‘harder’ than expected, but nothing ‘I can’t handle’
- Kentucky athletics director Mitch Barnhart wants to “create great environment with students” around recruiting room
- Kentucky running back JoJo Kemp: “It’s all about the program, not me, and I like that we are getting good people.”
- Boise St. coach Leon Rice: “I have never ever underestimated” Calipari
- How close is Kentucky to being “unleashed?”
- Photo Gallery: Kentucky tops Boise State
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: Highlights from the Cats’ win over Boise State
By LARRY VAUGHT
Recently Kentucky linebacker Avery Williamson told me how excited he thought his hometown of Milan, Tenn., would be if he could make the NFL. That prompted me to ask one of his biggest fans, Milan’s Christen Ferrell, how she felt about that.
Enjoy her response:
“It would be so special to the town of Milan if Avery made it to the NFL. I know I have no doubts that he will make it and be very successful. The town of Milan is all about their football! I know that Avery is an encouragement to all the football players and his opportunity at Kentucky has shown that hard work and dedication pays off.
“I’m sure that the coaches at Milan are very proud of his success and knowing that they had a part in building that foundation. I’m most impressed about his perseverance while being at UK. Especially last year when the football program was going downhill but he continued to shine and set records for himself and give himself a name in the SEC.
“We’re all looking forward to this new start with Coach Stoops. I know that Avery’s last year will be his best!”