Most Recent Posts
- Nunley, Cumbess Propel No. 12 UK Softball to Super Regionals
- DeCourcy says Julius Randle is “so freaking quick” and powerful he will be special
- UK football coach Mark Stoops on wife: “She gets involved as much as she can in a supportive role”
- Swiss Cat – Vacation notes and photos from Larry from his trip to Switzerland.
- Kentucky softball team earns 40th win to tie school record for most wins in a season
- Calipari says Cats will press more, foul more, bump and grind, hip-check next season
- Caldwell County sophomore Elijah Sindelar special QB but also has big-time baseball options
- Stoops believes he has special understanding of high school coaches
By LARRY VAUGHT
It didn’t take Kentucky coach Joker Phillips to find a way to make the most of his own Big Blue fish story after he recently had the incoming freshmen football players over to his house and some went fishing in a pond out back.
“You saw one of the other freshmen in the boat paddling so he could have his hands free. You saw Zack Blaylock — he was the one who snagged it — and saw his brother (Daron Blaylock), one guy holding the other one so he could try to hold on and not fall in the pond. That right there showed me that these guys really like each other, they like working together.”
Good story. But was it true.
ABSOLUTELY because this picture Phillips took on his cell phone shows Zack Blaylock with his trophy fish — and the start of freshman class teamwork.