Most Recent Posts
- Numbers project a 75-68 Kentucky win over Baylor
- Jaleel Hytchye talks freshman year playing time, Stoops’ unsportsmanlike penalty
- Some story lines — from Baylor perspective — for tonight’s Kentucky game
- Randle on no double-double: “I’m all about winning. That’s why I came here.”
- Randle on Cauley-Stein: “He’s going to lead with his actions or how hard he plays”
- Baylor’s Austin: “Drew is just as great a coach as coach Calipari” and UK isn’t “any better than us”
- UK TV Video: Coach John Calipari pre-Baylor press conference
- Calipari on Floreal: “I had a football coach come in and say he could play in the NFL”
By LARRY VAUGHT
Okay, this site is devoted to UK athletics. But today you have to indulge me — or maybe not since I am sure my 1-year-old grandson, Colby, will be a Kentucky fan if his parents have their way.
Sportswriters have terrific careers, but the odd, long hours also require us to miss a lot of family functions since game schedules are not set around birthdays, anniversaries, school programs, etc. That’s why I’ve tried to spend all the time I can with my grandchildren. It’s like a second chance to connect.
And I had one of those Verizon moments — yes, my Verizon Samsung Galaxy was in my pocket when I needed it most to capture this video (and others I have shared from UK football, UK basketball, McDonald’s All-American Game — that I thought why not share with you. We only turn 1 once, and my grandson made the most of his first birthday cupcake. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.