Most Recent Posts
- Willie Cauley-Stein on John Calipari: “If he’s wrong about something he’s going to say he’s wrong and he’s going to fix it.”
- WR Blake Bone says he has the “size” to play immediately, but knows he will be playing “against men, not boys” at Kentucky
- Single-session seats still available for Kentucky NCAA tourney games in Memorial Coliseum
- James Young says Kentucky has to be more physical on defense
- UK signee Blake Bone on middle school football, dunking a basketball, academics, work and more
- Greater Atlanta UK Alumni Club hosting pep rally at Hawk Walk Friday
- Kentucky players mum on mysterious John Calipari tweak except Cauley-Stein says it is ‘mentality’
- John Calipari “disappointed in me for not doing it earlier” after unknown tweak to UK offense
By LARRY VAUGHT
Okay, this site is devoted to UK athletics. But today you have to indulge me — or maybe not since I am sure my 1-year-old grandson, Colby, will be a Kentucky fan if his parents have their way.
Sportswriters have terrific careers, but the odd, long hours also require us to miss a lot of family functions since game schedules are not set around birthdays, anniversaries, school programs, etc. That’s why I’ve tried to spend all the time I can with my grandchildren. It’s like a second chance to connect.
And I had one of those Verizon moments — yes, my Verizon Samsung Galaxy was in my pocket when I needed it most to capture this video (and others I have shared from UK football, UK basketball, McDonald’s All-American Game — that I thought why not share with you. We only turn 1 once, and my grandson made the most of his first birthday cupcake. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.