Most Recent Posts
- John Calipari says not allowing schools that can afford it to take care of players, families has to stop
- UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown says Patrick Towles has “made tremendous strides”
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter NBA draft
- John Calipari on Willie Cauley-Stein: “I never even talked to him about coming back”
- John Calipari says summer tour “will probably be something with World Games;” has not interviewed possible assistants yet
- Draft analyst Ed Isaacson sees Alex Poythress as early second round pick, not sure Dakari Johnson goes in 1st round
- Mark Stoops explains why providing unlimited meals, snacks for athletes is right thing to do
- NBAdraftblog.com’s Ed Isaacson sees Andrew, Aaron Harrison in lower part of NBA first round
By LARRY VAUGHT
Okay, this site is devoted to UK athletics. But today you have to indulge me — or maybe not since I am sure my 1-year-old grandson, Colby, will be a Kentucky fan if his parents have their way.
Sportswriters have terrific careers, but the odd, long hours also require us to miss a lot of family functions since game schedules are not set around birthdays, anniversaries, school programs, etc. That’s why I’ve tried to spend all the time I can with my grandchildren. It’s like a second chance to connect.
And I had one of those Verizon moments — yes, my Verizon Samsung Galaxy was in my pocket when I needed it most to capture this video (and others I have shared from UK football, UK basketball, McDonald’s All-American Game — that I thought why not share with you. We only turn 1 once, and my grandson made the most of his first birthday cupcake. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.