By TINA COX
I think at some point in everyone’s life a bucket list has been created. As I have matured (?) I have had to come to the realization that some things on my bucket list will never happen. I will not ever marry Jon Bon Jovi nor will I own a beach house in the Caribbean.
I did however get to meet Oprah Winfrey and attend a NCAA Tournament game. Since there is not much happening this week in Kentucky Basketball I thought I would write down my sports bucket list. As would be expected many involve Kentucky Basketball. I also realized that many of these are up to me to accomplish — life is too short — maybe by this time next year a few will be marked off !!
1) Attend a NCAA Championship game (Kentucky must be playing of course), lower level
I’ve made hotel reservations in Indianapolis for next April. As for the tickets–that Is still up in the air.
2) Attend the SEC Tournament
I always plan on going but never go through with it. I can think of nothing better than a whole weekend of Kentucky Basketball.
3) Attend an away Kentucky Basketball game, sitting amongst the opposing fans in my blue and white. I want to be the person the announcers are referring to when they say: The blue got in.
4) Be on State Street when the CATS win a championship.
This should have been done in my younger years. I can just imagine the embarrassment of family when the caption under my picture would read: BBN is represented by even their oldest members.
5) Attend a University of Alabama football home game. After all when it comes to fan bases their fans are often referred to as equivalent to Kentucky Basketball Fans.
6) Watch Tiger Woods play one hole of golf in person.
7) Watch Lebron James play a game in person. I waited too long to see Michael Jordan.
8) Attend a Packers game at Lambeau Field. Of course I want to sit where I can be reached in the Lambeau leap!!
I would love to hear what some of the BBN has on their sports bucket list!!
Remember “The Boys are Back in Town” on June 12th!!