Most Recent Posts
- High school coordinator on UK WR signee Blake Bone: “He doesn’t get caught”
- Kentucky big man Julius Randle: “We don’t know what we’ve got to do but we’ve got to get going”
- UK coach John Calipari: “I didn’t think we had any kind of fight” to start the game
- Miami Heat sign former UK standout DeAndre Liggins to 2nd 10-day contract
- 2014 SEC Tournament Bracket: Cats to play 7 p.m. Friday
- Photos from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK players Julius Randle and Dakari Johnson talk after the loss to Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK Coach John Calipari talks after loss to Florida
By CHRISTIE HORAN
It’s Nationals season again for the University of Kentucky Dancers and Cheerleaders!! The UK dance team has been hard at work practicing our two routines for Nationals non-stop since the beginning of December. Our main focus during December and January, besides bringing BBN spirit and entertainment at basketball games, is to perfect both our Pom and Hip Hop routines for the 2014 UDA College Nationals competition, hosted in Orlando, FL at Disney World’s ESPN Wide World of Sports on January 18-19.
Although most of our nationals practices begin in November, we learned choreography in August. If you read my nationals blog last year, you have an idea about UKDT’s progress and success at Nationals, and if not please tune in this year!
UKDT has seven more practices and five more performances until we fly to Orlando for the big competition! We’ve worked hard as a team and committed long hours to making our Nationals dances as perfect as possible. Dancers are all about precision and execution!! We will use these last practices to fine tune each move and work on our stamina. Each dance is a two-minute routine jam packed with high energy, and challenging choreography and technique. UKDT excels at our high-energy performance quality and showmanship. We love to dance and we hope the audience can tell through our performances!
This UKDT 2014 Nationals team is one-of-a-kind. We are determined to bring home a dance team championship to the University of Kentucky. As a team, we believe this is possible with hard work, positivity, team work, full hearts, and determination.
UKDT’s Nationals Preview is Sunday, January 12 at 7:30 p.m. at Memorial Coliseum after the Women’s Basketball game. Please attend to cheer us on and lift our spirits before we compete at Nationals!!
Until next time, GO CATS!!