Most Recent Posts
- Big Blue Weekend featuring Blue-White Game has something for everyone
- Dakari Johnson thankful for memories, eager to win national title and continue studies
- SEC commissioner Mike Slive expects vote on adding 9th SEC football game at spring meetings
- Vince Marrow to UK fans: Blue-White attendance has big impact on recruiting
- Guest post: Fan has his solution for one-and-done dilemma for NBA, NCAA and players
- Dakari Johnson’s mother appreciates opportunities her son had, looks forward to future at UK
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
By TINA COX
As most everyone knows, I am a huge Kentucky Basketball fan. I do not wear red (except on Christmas Eve) and I never root for Louisville in any sport unless they are playing Indiana. However, I have to admit I drive a red car, a really RED car.
I work at the County Clerks office, the section that issues car plates and registrations. After Kentucky won the championship in 2012, I so enjoyed playing the UK fight song on my phone when someone requested a U of L plate. In our office we have a Memphis fan and a die-hard U if L fan that sits beside me. Everyone kept asking when I was going to order a personalized U of K plate.
I thought about different things to go on the plate but nothing seemed perfect. The closest one was GR8t. I decided to wait until i could think of something perfect. Then this year happened … I have had to face countless numbers of red championship shirts, I’ve had to issue U of L license plates and endure the year of the Cardinal. I forgot all about getting my special plate.
A few weeks ago I decided it was time to forget this past year in college basketball and realize it’s time for the new year to begin. I ordered my specialized U of K plate.The idea came to me immediately, GO4-9. The plate arrived last week and people will drive past me, point to my plate and give me the thumbs up or honk their horns.
The Big Blue Nation is ready for a new year and number 9. I have a feeling this time next year I will be putting a new plate on my car. I’ve already decided what it will say…. GET 10.