Most Recent Posts
- Only at Kentucky: Fan can win part ownership in thoroughbred by attending UK game
- Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist could both miss up to 20 games with hand injuries
- Calipari excited for Final Four-like enviroment for Kentucky-Baylor
- Calipari on potential bad weather in Dallas, UK players going back to Texas
- Calipari admits “I am concerned” about Jon Hood after concussion
- Gill-Caesar likes UK’s winning tradition, way Calipari doesn’t “sugar-coat” anything
- Video: UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown talks about JoJo Kemp, and improving the offensive line for next season
- Calipari says Cauley-Stein “knows he can go get it” and block shots now
By TINA COX
As most everyone knows, I am a huge Kentucky Basketball fan. I do not wear red (except on Christmas Eve) and I never root for Louisville in any sport unless they are playing Indiana. However, I have to admit I drive a red car, a really RED car.
I work at the County Clerks office, the section that issues car plates and registrations. After Kentucky won the championship in 2012, I so enjoyed playing the UK fight song on my phone when someone requested a U of L plate. In our office we have a Memphis fan and a die-hard U if L fan that sits beside me. Everyone kept asking when I was going to order a personalized U of K plate.
I thought about different things to go on the plate but nothing seemed perfect. The closest one was GR8t. I decided to wait until i could think of something perfect. Then this year happened … I have had to face countless numbers of red championship shirts, I’ve had to issue U of L license plates and endure the year of the Cardinal. I forgot all about getting my special plate.
A few weeks ago I decided it was time to forget this past year in college basketball and realize it’s time for the new year to begin. I ordered my specialized U of K plate.The idea came to me immediately, GO4-9. The plate arrived last week and people will drive past me, point to my plate and give me the thumbs up or honk their horns.
The Big Blue Nation is ready for a new year and number 9. I have a feeling this time next year I will be putting a new plate on my car. I’ve already decided what it will say…. GET 10.