Most Recent Posts
- Colts DL Bjoern Werner gave “words of wisdom” to Cats, liked way Bud Dupree was “coming off ball”
- SI.com’s Brian Hamilton ranks three Kentucky wins among four best NCAA tourney games this year
- Stan Van Gundy tells Mike Bianchi that John Calipari “had more NBA players” at UK than Lakers do
- Mike Douglas feels like “old man on the block” but knows he can help defensive line
- Trey Lyles has 17 points, Tyler Ulis goes for 9 points, 9 assists in Jordan Brand Classic
- Blue-White Game will be on live TV, delayed on Fox Sports South; Dusty Bonner, Freddie Maggard will join TV/radio call
- Marcus Lee to Return for Sophomore Season at UK
- Mark Stoops says offense “took a little step back” in Friday’s practice
By TINA COX
As most everyone knows, I am a huge Kentucky Basketball fan. I do not wear red (except on Christmas Eve) and I never root for Louisville in any sport unless they are playing Indiana. However, I have to admit I drive a red car, a really RED car.
I work at the County Clerks office, the section that issues car plates and registrations. After Kentucky won the championship in 2012, I so enjoyed playing the UK fight song on my phone when someone requested a U of L plate. In our office we have a Memphis fan and a die-hard U if L fan that sits beside me. Everyone kept asking when I was going to order a personalized U of K plate.
I thought about different things to go on the plate but nothing seemed perfect. The closest one was GR8t. I decided to wait until i could think of something perfect. Then this year happened … I have had to face countless numbers of red championship shirts, I’ve had to issue U of L license plates and endure the year of the Cardinal. I forgot all about getting my special plate.
A few weeks ago I decided it was time to forget this past year in college basketball and realize it’s time for the new year to begin. I ordered my specialized U of K plate.The idea came to me immediately, GO4-9. The plate arrived last week and people will drive past me, point to my plate and give me the thumbs up or honk their horns.
The Big Blue Nation is ready for a new year and number 9. I have a feeling this time next year I will be putting a new plate on my car. I’ve already decided what it will say…. GET 10.