Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: Coach Brumbaugh Mic’d Up – Spring 2014
- UK coach John Calipari says “winning matters” when it comes to NBA draft
- Guest post: Fan offers impression of new Cats from Jordan Brand Classic
- Draft analyst says strong season could lock Willie Cauley-Stein into lottery, but he must avoid another slump
- A.J. Stamps, J.D. Harmon could bolster UK’s chance to increase interceptions
- Colts DL Bjoern Werner gave “words of wisdom” to Cats, liked way Bud Dupree was “coming off ball”
- SI.com’s Brian Hamilton ranks three Kentucky wins among four best NCAA tourney games this year
- Stan Van Gundy tells Mike Bianchi that John Calipari “had more NBA players” at UK than Lakers do
VaughtÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s note: Vaughtsviews.com contributor Lori Metcalf annually attends the UK Football WomenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Clinic and shares her behind-the-scenes information/insights on a variety of clinic matters.
By LORI METCALF
As you may know, one of my favorite parts about attending UK footballÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s womenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s clinic every year is the things you learn about the coaches and players as people, not as personalities.
A favorite story from this yearÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s clinic was Coach Tee Martin telling how he met his wife.
Tee is married to the former Toya Rodriguez, a recording artist who had hits with Ã¢â‚¬Å“I Do!Ã¢â‚¬Â and Ã¢â‚¬Å“No Matta What (Party All Night)Ã¢â‚¬Â in the early 2000s.Ã‚Â She accompanied him to the platform Saturday to assist in teaching us some fundamentals of being a wide receiver.
Before he got started with the football he said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Let me tell you all how I met this lovely lady.Ã¢â‚¬Â
He said when he was playing for the Pittsburg Steelers, recording artist Alicia Keys came to town and he and some of his teammates went to the concert and had the opportunity to go backstage to meet the star before the show.Ã‚Â While he was posing for a photo with Keys, Ã¢â‚¬Å“this beauty walked byÃ¢â‚¬Â and he said the picture came out with his head turned away from the camera as he watched Toya pass.
Toya was part of an opening act of the concert and Tee said he was on the front row with a bunch of kids.Ã‚Â Later, he got a chance to talk to Toya and he asked if she had seen him on the front row.Ã‚Â Ã¢â‚¬Å“How could I miss you?!Ã¢â‚¬Â was her reply.
Soon after that, Tee went to Europe to play and Toya went on tour to Australia.Ã‚Â They kept in touch electronically, but didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t see one another for a year and a half.Ã‚Â Tee said he texted several people when he returned to the U.S. and Toya was the first to respond.
The rest, as they say, is history.Ã‚Â The couple now have a son, Kaden, and a set of twins, daughter A’Yadra and son Amari.Ã‚Â Tee said Toya is often the one throwing the football with Kaden because he is frequently on the road.
Judging by her form during the demonstration, heÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s in good hands.