Most Recent Posts
- UK offensive line not ready to “manhandle people in the SEC” but Mark Stoops expects improvement
- UK announces quarterback Jalen Whitlow plans to transfer
- Sports Illustrated rates Trey Lyles as top five player, intriguing point-forward for Kentucky
- Guest post: After surprising finish, now is not the time to judge players who leave for NBA
- D.J. Eliot counting on Stamps; more on Khalid Henderson, Bud Dupree, Blake McClain, J.D. Harmon, Regie Meant
- John Calipari will have book-signing tour in Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green, Crestview
- John Calipari has to explain to Bill O’Reilly that Kentucky program has discipline, values to protect players, brand
- Could Kentucky signee Karl Towns Jr. end up top pick in 2015 NBA draft?
ST. LOUIS – University of Kentucky freshmen Aaron Harrison, Andrew Harrison, Julius Randle and James Young are among 10 first-year players selected for the 2014 Integris Wayman Tisdale Freshman of the Year Award Preseason Watch List announced Monday by the U.S. Basketball Writers Association (USBWA).
The four freshmen were part of the top-ranked recruiting class in the country and make up 40 percent of the preseason watch list.
Others named on the list are Tyler Ennis, Syracuse; Aaron Gordon, Arizona; Kasey Hill, Florida; Jabari Parker, Duke; Wayne Selden, Kansas; Andrew Wiggins, Kansas.
Former Wildcats to claim the honor include Anthony Davis (2012) and John Wall (2010).
The USBWA has chosen a national freshman of the year since the 1988-89 season when LSU’s Chris Jackson was the recipient. Last season, Oklahoma State’s Marcus Smart became the third winner of the Wayman Tisdale Award. Other notable previous winners of the national freshman of the year award include Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Jason Kidd and Chris Webber.