Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky falls 71-70 to Tennessee in SEC championship
- This year John Calipari says the SEC Tournament is important for UK’s mojo
- High school coordinator on UK WR signee Blake Bone: “He doesn’t get caught”
- Kentucky big man Julius Randle: “We don’t know what we’ve got to do but we’ve got to get going”
- UK coach John Calipari: “I didn’t think we had any kind of fight” to start the game
- Miami Heat sign former UK standout DeAndre Liggins to 2nd 10-day contract
- 2014 SEC Tournament Bracket: Cats to play 7 p.m. Friday
- Photos from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
Courier-Journal writer Jason Frakes is reporting that Rick Norton, a Flaget High School and University of Kentucky quarterback, died Thursday in Louisville. He was 69. Read Frakes’ story here.
Norton played from 1963-65 at UK, and was named to two first-team All-American teams.
He was drafted by both the NFL and the AFL, and played for the Miami Dolphins in their inaugural season. He played four seasons for the Dolphins, starting 11 games.
He is survived by a son, Rick Jr., and two daughters, Stacey and Cindy. Funeral arrangements are pending.