Most Recent Posts
- Cats Return To Rupp To Find Their Determination To Win; numbers favor UK by 10
- Coach on Booker: “He is the Peyton Manning of basketball” and he’s no “butt-hole”
- UK coach John Calipari talks life, bullying, Louisville, NBA and UK with Rafferty Monday at 7:30 on FOX Sports
- Calipari on Cats: “We start looking for excuses and heads down.”
- 6-10 Thomas Bryant says he hears “some from Kentucky”
- Baylor coach Scott Drew on key to win: “I think we play a lot of guys and they stick together”
- Kentucky offensive coordinator Neal Brown on QB play: “It’s a deal where we gotta get better”
- Lyles, Booker both put on show for Calipari, UK assistants, UK fans
By LARRY VAUGHT
Mark Stoops’ Florida ties continue to pay off as the Wildcats have received a verbal commitment from 6-1, 200-pound receiver Alex Montgomery of Weston, Fla. He had made a visit to Louisville over the weekend but picked UK over the Cardinals and South Florida. The three-star prospect also had offers from Mississippi, Wake Forest, Duke, East Carolina and North Carolina State.
He visited Central Florida one week ago and Kentucky in mid-January.
He made his announcement via his Twitter account @IjustWannadoME: “I made my decision and I’m going to Kentucky #BBN WELCOME”
He finished the season with a bang as he had nine catches for 199 yards and three touchdowns — and also made an interception — in the Class 8A state title game.
He is the eighth Florida player to verbally commit to UK.