Most Recent Posts
- ESPN’s Jay Bilas has fun watching Gators, a team without “big shots going pro” after one year
- Kentucky officially names Craig Naviar as special teams coordinator
- High school coach on Harrisons: “No matter their body language, they want to win”
- Former Kentucky QB Tim Couch on Hall of Fame ballot
- Signee Blake Bone says it was a “no-brainer as a receiver” to want to play in Kentucky’s offense
- Guest post: Fan wonders if John Calipari can correct problems and right ship at Kentucky
- Jay Bilas on Cats: Highest rated class “does not mean it was the best class ever”
- Kentucky freshman James Young rises to No. 9 in Chad Ford’s mock draft
By LARRY VAUGHT
Mark Stoops’ Florida ties continue to pay off as the Wildcats have received a verbal commitment from 6-1, 200-pound receiver Alex Montgomery of Weston, Fla. He had made a visit to Louisville over the weekend but picked UK over the Cardinals and South Florida. The three-star prospect also had offers from Mississippi, Wake Forest, Duke, East Carolina and North Carolina State.
He visited Central Florida one week ago and Kentucky in mid-January.
He made his announcement via his Twitter account @IjustWannadoME: “I made my decision and I’m going to Kentucky #BBN WELCOME”
He finished the season with a bang as he had nine catches for 199 yards and three touchdowns — and also made an interception — in the Class 8A state title game.
He is the eighth Florida player to verbally commit to UK.