Most Recent Posts
- UK TV Video: UK Hoops celebrates 4-OT win over Baylor
- Postgame notes from UK Hoops’ 133-130 win over Baylor
- O’Neill, UK women top Baylor 133-130 in 4 OTs
- Final Hoop Fest schedule for Saturday
- Revised Marshall County Hoop Fest schedule on Saturday
- Video: UK TV interviews Julius Randle and Dominique Hawkins prior to the matchup with Baylor
- Weather delays HoopFest, Lyles will play twice on Saturday
- Numbers project a 75-68 Kentucky win over Baylor
By LARRY VAUGHT
Edgar Thompson of the OrlandoSentinel.com had quotes from Florida offensive coordinator Brent Pease, a former assistant coach at Kentucky in 2001 and 2002, denying interest in the Kentucky job. Or, kind of denying interest in the job as has been rumored.
Pease, 48, said he’s not “heard anything” about the Kentucky job from any UK official.
““I wouldn’t do that. I’m focused on here. I’ve only been here one year. I’ve made a commitment to be here, especially with my family. Ask me that question later when something happens, I guess. I can’t comment on a ghost story right now,” Pease said.
Pease didn’t miss a chance to praise the UK program.
“They’ve got great people. They’ve got a great program and the facilities are good,” Pease said. “They’re committed to winning. And they have won. They won when were there. They won when Rick Brooks was there. You can get good kids there.”
Pease came to Florida from Boise State where he led prolific offenses. However, the Gators rank 102nd in the nation in total offense and 114th in passing this year.
Florida coach Will Muschamp said Pease is an “outstanding coach.
“Any opportunity he has as a head coach I know that I will fully endorse that as well as Jeremy Foley our athletic director, and our president. He is a really good football coach and that goes for any of our coaches. If they have an opportunity to be a head coach, I am all for it,” the Florida head coach said.