Most Recent Posts
- Big Blue Weekend featuring Blue-White Game has something for everyone
- Dakari Johnson thankful for memories, eager to win national title and continue studies
- SEC commissioner Mike Slive expects vote on adding 9th SEC football game at spring meetings
- Vince Marrow to UK fans: Blue-White attendance has big impact on recruiting
- Guest post: Fan has his solution for one-and-done dilemma for NBA, NCAA and players
- Dakari Johnson’s mother appreciates opportunities her son had, looks forward to future at UK
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
By LARRY VAUGHT
The reaction from one long-time UK fan who let me know he wouldn’t be attending as many football games this year because it would be too painful to watch brought a lot of responses, mainly from fans who disagreed.
Several readers suggested I use the response by “Kim” as a featured post for all to see, and I think it has a perspective everyone should see. So if you didn’t see the response, here it is:
“I hope fans of UK football will reconsider not going to games and staying home. This program needs our support right now. I always knew this staff had a lot of hard work ahead of them. I have been a UK fan since I was knee high to a grasshopper and I know their are a lot of fans that have put up with the long hard years a lot longer than me but I don’t think now is the time to stay home.
“I have been a season ticket holder since 2007, I know not nearly as long as others, I saw the good times under Rich and I was also at every home game last year to see the bad. It was not fun, it was awful actually. But I do believe staying home now is not the right answer. Many stayed home last year and the administration did what needed to be done and made a change. This is not basketball, it does not happen in a year or even two, especially after the way this program was allowed to fall.
“This staff is putting in long hours and hard work to turn this program around. The majority of this staff were already coaching at successful programs and left them to come here and turn this thing around. They came because they believed they could make a difference here. They came because they knew BBN wanted a successful program. Please don’t give up on them now. There are recruits here that decided to come here after having offers from better schools because they believed they could help make something happen here. Please don’t give up on them. They are kids committed to this program for next year that believe we all can have something special here. Please don’t give up on them.
“I will never call another fan out for not attending games because I know many long suffering fans but I just ask that you think it over before giving up. I believe we are going to see something wonderful happen here. I believe in this staff and what they are trying to do. There are going to be bumps in the road and plenty of second guessing and plenty of ugly games that hurts all of our hearts but I also believe that we will turn that corner and have a successful football program.”