Most Recent Posts
- Baylor’s Austin: “Drew is just as great a coach as coach Calipari” and UK isn’t “any better than us”
- UK TV Video: Coach John Calipari pre-Baylor press conference
- Calipari on Floreal: “I had a football coach come in and say he could play in the NFL”
- Calipari: “I really don’t care that people play a zone … it makes us come together.”
- Jon Hood did not make trip to Baylor with Wildcats
- Video: Former UK football player David Hopewell talks about his hopes for the future of the program
- Matthew Mitchell on Calipari: “He’s been so supportive of our program from the very first time he got here.”
- Donte Rumph on 2014: “You know it’s going to be a special year for UK next year”
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kentucky signee Derek Willis correctly predicted during the state tourney that Julius Randle, the nation’s top-ranked power forward, would pick UK. However, Willis didn’t want to make any predictions on Andrew Wiggins, the nation’s No. 1 recruit, after Friday’s Derby Festival Classic.
“That is like the golden question right now of college basketball recruiting. I am trying to figure it out just like anybody right now,” said the Bullitt East senior
“I am going to keep it to myself on this one,” Willis said. “This is big. When I find it out, I will be sure to tell somebody, but I am going to keep it to myself.”
He wouldn’t budge even when reminded he was also right earlier about twins Aaron and Andrew Harrison also picking UK.
“It’s easy to figure out once you get to looking into it, but that’s all I’m saying,” Willis said.