Most Recent Posts
- John Calipari admits he was “scared to death” of “rock star” Bill O’Reilly
- Embracing the role of the punter is Landon Foster’s specialty
- John Calipari says not allowing schools that can afford it to take care of players, families has to stop
- UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown says Patrick Towles has “made tremendous strides”
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter NBA draft
- John Calipari on Willie Cauley-Stein: “I never even talked to him about coming back”
- John Calipari says summer tour “will probably be something with World Games;” has not interviewed possible assistants yet
- Draft analyst Ed Isaacson sees Alex Poythress as early second round pick, not sure Dakari Johnson goes in 1st round
KANSAS CITY, Mo.Ã‚Â Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã‚Â University of Kentucky junior forward Victoria Dunlap was one of five players chosen to the All-America Third Team by The Associated Press Tuesday. Dunlap is the first Kentucky player to earn AP All-America honors in the programÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s history.
Dunlap is joined on the third team by Oklahoma junior Danielle Robinson, Duke junior Jasmine Thomas, freshman Elena Delle Donne and Xavier junior Amber Harris.
The Southeastern Conference Player of the Year by the AP and the leagueÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s coaches earned a spot on the All-America team by leading the Wildcats on both sides of the ball this season with averages of 17.7 points, 8.2 rebounds, 3.2 steals and 2.0 blocks per game. She is the only player to rank among the SEC’s top three in scoring and rebounding and she ranks in the leagueÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s top 10 in seven other statistical categories. Dunlap also is a top-40 finalist for the State Farm CoachesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ All-America Team.
A standout defensive player, Dunlap is among the nationÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s leaders in steals (11thÃ¢â‚¬â€3.2) and blocks (41stÃ¢â‚¬â€2.0). She has set a new single-season school record of 66 blocks and is currently tied for first on UKÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s single-season steals list with 104. Offensively, Dunlap has led the Wildcats in scoring 18 times, has posted eight double-doubles and scored 20 or more points 14 this season.