Most Recent Posts
- Andrew Harrison “knew coming in it was going to be my responsibility” to run team
- Calipari on Poythress: “He went from good to really good to great (in pracitce)”
- Calipari says Aaron Harrison has had “an edge to him that we need everybody to have”
- UK target Matt Elam on signee Drew Barker: “I am very comfortable with him because he is a laid-back kid”
- NBAdraftblog’s Isaacson says Andrew Harrison hasn’t shown “he is capable” of being NBA point guard
- Stoops says the “bonding” in 2014 recruiting class is “very unique”
- Caldwell County QB Elijah Sindelar says college choice based on what God wants, education and how he feels about staff
- Stoops on Hurtt: “That’s too easy of a target for me to go after”
KANSAS CITY, Mo.Ã‚Â Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã‚Â University of Kentucky junior forward Victoria Dunlap was one of five players chosen to the All-America Third Team by The Associated Press Tuesday. Dunlap is the first Kentucky player to earn AP All-America honors in the programÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s history.
Dunlap is joined on the third team by Oklahoma junior Danielle Robinson, Duke junior Jasmine Thomas, freshman Elena Delle Donne and Xavier junior Amber Harris.
The Southeastern Conference Player of the Year by the AP and the leagueÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s coaches earned a spot on the All-America team by leading the Wildcats on both sides of the ball this season with averages of 17.7 points, 8.2 rebounds, 3.2 steals and 2.0 blocks per game. She is the only player to rank among the SEC’s top three in scoring and rebounding and she ranks in the leagueÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s top 10 in seven other statistical categories. Dunlap also is a top-40 finalist for the State Farm CoachesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ All-America Team.
A standout defensive player, Dunlap is among the nationÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s leaders in steals (11thÃ¢â‚¬â€3.2) and blocks (41stÃ¢â‚¬â€2.0). She has set a new single-season school record of 66 blocks and is currently tied for first on UKÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s single-season steals list with 104. Offensively, Dunlap has led the Wildcats in scoring 18 times, has posted eight double-doubles and scored 20 or more points 14 this season.