Most Recent Posts
- UK freshman Julius Randle glad that Calipari is “not going to praise us” for mediocre efforts
- NCAA trends: Scoring, FG percent up, fouls up; turnovers downs
- Center Jon Toth named to SEC All-Freshman Team
- So you want to be a photographer? Clay Jackson shows the hazards of the profession
- Cauley-Stein on comparison to Rodman: “I ain’t wearing no wedding dress or nothing.”
- UK freshman James Young on team’s effort against Boise State: “We wanted to prove a lot of people wrong”
- John Calipari and Rick Pitino part of new CBS Sports series “NCAA Men of March”
- Guest post: Schedule ‘custom made’ for Calipari’s Cats to improve now
Team Ignition APG, an athletic sports performance group based in Mason, Ohio, will host the John Calipari’s Dominican Republic National Team for two exhibition games at The Bank of Kentucky Center at Northern Kentucky University. Games will be June 12 and 13 at 8 p.m. and general admission tickets ($12 for one game, $20 for both) are on sale at the Northern Kentucky ticket office or www.ticketmaster.com.
The Dominican team, which will play Team USA later this summer before playing in the FIBA World Olympic Qualifying Tournament to try and earn an Olympic berth, currently includes 16-year-old sophomore Karl Towns, one of the nation’s top 2015 recruits. Obviously Kentucky fans will enjoy a chance to see him play and be coached by Calipari since UK is one of the teams on his early recruiting list.
A portion of the proceeds from the games will go to the Calipari Foundation.