Most Recent Posts
- Big Blue Weekend featuring Blue-White Game has something for everyone
- Dakari Johnson thankful for memories, eager to win national title and continue studies
- SEC commissioner Mike Slive expects vote on adding 9th SEC football game at spring meetings
- Vince Marrow to UK fans: Blue-White attendance has big impact on recruiting
- Guest post: Fan has his solution for one-and-done dilemma for NBA, NCAA and players
- Dakari Johnson’s mother appreciates opportunities her son had, looks forward to future at UK
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
Team Ignition APG, an athletic sports performance group based in Mason, Ohio, will host the John Calipari’s Dominican Republic National Team for two exhibition games at The Bank of Kentucky Center at Northern Kentucky University. Games will be June 12 and 13 at 8 p.m. and general admission tickets ($12 for one game, $20 for both) are on sale at the Northern Kentucky ticket office or www.ticketmaster.com.
The Dominican team, which will play Team USA later this summer before playing in the FIBA World Olympic Qualifying Tournament to try and earn an Olympic berth, currently includes 16-year-old sophomore Karl Towns, one of the nation’s top 2015 recruits. Obviously Kentucky fans will enjoy a chance to see him play and be coached by Calipari since UK is one of the teams on his early recruiting list.
A portion of the proceeds from the games will go to the Calipari Foundation.