Most Recent Posts
- Cornerback Nate Willis needs surgery for sports hernia
- NCAA would not let John Calipari and wife set up fund to pay for education of players’ children
- NBADraftBlog.com’s Ed Isaacson on Julius Randle, James Young
- John Calipari admits he was “scared to death” of “rock star” Bill O’Reilly
- Embracing the role of the punter is Landon Foster’s specialty
- John Calipari says not allowing schools that can afford it to take care of players, families has to stop
- UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown says Patrick Towles has “made tremendous strides”
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter NBA draft
Team Ignition APG, an athletic sports performance group based in Mason, Ohio, will host the John Calipari’s Dominican Republic National Team for two exhibition games at The Bank of Kentucky Center at Northern Kentucky University. Games will be June 12 and 13 at 8 p.m. and general admission tickets ($12 for one game, $20 for both) are on sale at the Northern Kentucky ticket office or www.ticketmaster.com.
The Dominican team, which will play Team USA later this summer before playing in the FIBA World Olympic Qualifying Tournament to try and earn an Olympic berth, currently includes 16-year-old sophomore Karl Towns, one of the nation’s top 2015 recruits. Obviously Kentucky fans will enjoy a chance to see him play and be coached by Calipari since UK is one of the teams on his early recruiting list.
A portion of the proceeds from the games will go to the Calipari Foundation.