Most Recent Posts
- Colts DL Bjoern Werner gave “words of wisdom” to Cats, liked way Bud Dupree was “coming off ball”
- SI.com’s Brian Hamilton ranks three Kentucky wins among four best NCAA tourney games this year
- Stan Van Gundy tells Mike Bianchi that John Calipari “had more NBA players” at UK than Lakers do
- Mike Douglas feels like “old man on the block” but knows he can help defensive line
- Trey Lyles has 17 points, Tyler Ulis goes for 9 points, 9 assists in Jordan Brand Classic
- Blue-White Game will be on live TV, delayed on Fox Sports South; Dusty Bonner, Freddie Maggard will join TV/radio call
- Marcus Lee to Return for Sophomore Season at UK
- Mark Stoops says offense “took a little step back” in Friday’s practice
So what is his Kentucky assistant coach Vince Marrow saying to persuade so many Ohio prep standouts to pick Kentucky?
“That is a good question,” Youngstown Christian coach Brian Marrow, the UK coach’s brother, said. “I don’t know. I have not heard his whole sales pitch. Really, I am just proud to see my younger brother doing this. I am so proud of him making his mark this way.
“Mark Stoops is a heck of a recruiter, too, and maybe Vince is just telling players what the program is about and what a great staff they have. I really like (offensive coordinator) Neal Brown and what he’s done everywhere he’s been. But I know Vince is doing a good job, too. He’s a good guy and kids just sense that.”
Does his brother know every prep coach in Ohio or does it just seem that way?
“It does seem like that. Maybe it’s the way his path has taken him,” Brian Marrow said. “There’s a huge coaching fraternity in Youngstown where he’s from. There are a lot of guys we played with and against. He lived in Columbus and then took a job in Toledo, so he’s covered all kind of areas in Ohio. He just knows a lot about the state and the people here.”