By LARRY VAUGHT
Here’s the five names he came up with:
5. Alex Groza scored 1,744 points and still ranks 10th all-time. Groza led Kentucky in scoring in its back-to-back national championships.
4. Jack Givens had 41 points in the 1978 national championship game and ranks third all-time on UK’s list with 2,038 points.
3. Kenny Walker is UK’s second all-time leading scorer with 2,080 points, including 1,431 in his final two seasons.
2. Jodie Meeks had that memorable 54-point game against Tennessee as a junior in the very forgettable season under coach Billy Gillispie before he left for the NBA.
1. Dan Issel scored a school-best 2,138 points and averaged just over 25 points per game in his three seasons. His senior year he averaged 34 points per game and had 53-point game that was the school record until Meeks broke it.
Kentucky has had so many great players and scorers, but Reagan has made a legitimate top five. However, who would you put in your top five. I might have to have Tony Delk in mind. Then there was Louie Dampier. Jamal Mashburn could score at will.
So let me know who you think should be in the top five.