Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky offensive coordinator Neal Brown on QB play: “It’s a deal where we gotta get better”
- Lyles, Booker both put on show for Calipari, UK assistants, UK fans
- Huntington Prep soph Miles Bridges considers Kentucky “dream school”
- Myles Turner one player that Trey Lyles talks to about Kentucky
- “Typical performance” for Lyles — 30 points, 19 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals
- Randle says Calipari “knows all of us have fight in us”
- Coach on Lyles: “Sometimes he can be too unselfish, but he can take over a game”
- Photo Gallery: UK Hoops tops Baylor in four overtimes
By LARRY VAUGHT
Megan Dills wants to combine her love for University of Kentucky basketball with a way to help cancer research in honor the memory of her father, Carl Dills.
â€œI am holding a design contest for a swimsuit,â€ said Dills, a UK fan from Grant County and a Playboy model. â€œThe suit will be in my favorite blue, UK blue. The swimsuit will be called ‘The Cure’, in memory of my dadÂ and all proceeds of the swimsuit will go to cancer research.â€
She plans to take design submissions through Jan. 31 at email@example.com and the winning design will receive $500.
She got her swimsuit idea from a Playboy model from Australia who has done a similar thing.
â€œShe names all her swimsuits. I wanted a swimsuit named the â€˜Cureâ€™ and just got a wild hair and decided to do it myself,â€ Dills said. â€œAll the proceeds will go to cancer research in honor of my dad.
â€œI am pretty excited about it. I want a two-piece bikini design. Nothing scanty, just a normal two-piece suit anybody can wear. There canâ€™t be anything that says UKâ€ˆor anything like that on it. It has to be UK blue.â€
She hopes to have both a â€œhigh endâ€ swimsuit that could sell for $200 and a more moderate swimsuit that could sell in the $30 range.
Dills, who gained national attention after she was knocked down at Indiana when IU fans stormed the court after the Hoosiersâ€™ win over Kentucky, knows she likely will need to model the swimsuit when the winning design is picked.
â€œI hope to get some of my model friends to wear it and even some at the Playboy Mansion,â€ she said. â€œI would love to be able to go to spring break and give out suits to college girls to make it a sea of blue. Itâ€™s just one of these things Iâ€ˆfeel very passionate about because of my dad, who died last year. I really want to make this work and also give UK fans something else kind of special for them.â€