Most Recent Posts
- Colts DL Bjoern Werner gave “words of wisdom” to Cats, liked way Bud Dupree was “coming off ball”
- SI.com’s Brian Hamilton ranks three Kentucky wins among four best NCAA tourney games this year
- Stan Van Gundy tells Mike Bianchi that John Calipari “had more NBA players” at UK than Lakers do
- Mike Douglas feels like “old man on the block” but knows he can help defensive line
- Trey Lyles has 17 points, Tyler Ulis goes for 9 points, 9 assists in Jordan Brand Classic
- Blue-White Game will be on live TV, delayed on Fox Sports South; Dusty Bonner, Freddie Maggard will join TV/radio call
- Marcus Lee to Return for Sophomore Season at UK
- Mark Stoops says offense “took a little step back” in Friday’s practice
By LARRY VAUGHT
Sophomore Demarco Robinson had seven catches for 75 yards and three punt returns for 28 yards against Western Kentucky Saturday for his most productive game at Kentucky. However, the Wildcats still lost 32-31 in overtime and Robinson was one of the players who met with the media after the game to try and explain the loss as well as UK’s 1-2 start going into the beginning of Southeastern Conference play Saturday at No. 14 Florida.
Question: How hard will it be to come back from this loss and get ready for Southeastern Conference play?
Robinson: “It won’t be that hard. The whole team has to work hard to get better. We will just continue that in practice this week.”
Question: Does losing to a Sun Belt Conference team hurt a bit more and make it harder to get ready to play again?
Robinson: “It hurts a lot. I have confidence our guys will take it as motivation instead of looking down on the season. We will use it to get better.”
Question: Are players taking this loss harder than you really want to share publicly?
Robinson: “Everybody is not happy with the loss. We fought hard to come back, but in the end we lost. Have to work harder to get it right.”
Question: Does this loss hurt the team’s pride even more than the opening game loss at Louisville?
Robinson: “I would say any time we lose at home it is a pride thing. We hate to let the fans down the way we did.”
Question: What did you think of the fan support you got from the fans at the game?
Robinson: “I appreciate the fans who came and stayed. We have to do better for them.”
Question: What would you say to fans who are not happy with coach Joker Phillips right now over the way the team is playing?
Robinson: “He is with us. You are either with us or against us. He is our coach and we are with him 100 percent.”
Question: Are there things he could do different or is this on the players?
Robinson: “I am not sure about that. It is a team effort. Everybody is together in our eyes as one. We are not doing much pointing fingers and stuff.”
Question: Does it just take time for young talent to come together?
Robinson: “I don’t know how to answer that question. We do feel like we have a lot of talent. It’s just getting chemistry and everything right. We have to start getting things going earlier in games.”
Question: Can UK still salvage a respectable season despite a 1-2 start?
Robinson: “In my mind, we don’t have a lot of time left. I am wanting to get this done as quick as possible.”
Question: How important does this make Saturday’s game at Florida?
Robinson: “The next game is always our biggest game. We have the opportunity to go on the road and beat a ranked team. We have our chance for redemption in that game.”