Most Recent Posts
- Former UK great Jeff Sheppard excited about recruiting class, but says fans should remember players are young
- Kentucky fans even took time to throw up the “3 goggles” in the Alps
- Signee Marcus Lee says Kentucky “will refuse to lose next year”
- Even UK football coach Mark Stoops did not expect this much fan support at Kentucky
- Video: UK softball coach Rachel Lawson previews the Super Regional clash against Arizona State
- ESPN.com’s Jason King seems to have logical rankings going into next season
- Mark Stoops on John Calipari: “I love being around him”
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands that hiring Vince Marrow was a home run for Kentucky
By LARRY VAUGHT
Boyle County senior linebacker Lamar Dawson will likely decided today whether to take his official visit to Florida this weekend or cancel his trip after the unexpected resignation of Florida head coach Urban Meyer Wednesday.
Meyer, 46, stepped down for the second time in less than a year. He has led Florida to two national titles but briefly resigned last December, citing health concerns.
Florida is one of seven schools on DawsonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s final list and heÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s made two unofficial visits to Florida.
A Florida assistant coach was already scheduled to be at Boyle today after coaches from Oregon and Tennessee were there earlier this week.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“HeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s going to wait until after the Florida coach visits and then decide whether he will fly down Friday or not,Ã¢â‚¬Â said Boyle assistant coach John Hodge Wednesday. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Right now, heÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s still not sure what he will do.Ã¢â‚¬Â
Meyer’s resignation could have a big impact in Dawson’s college choice depending on who Florida hires. Already Louisville coach Charlie Strong, a former Florida defensive coordinator, is rumored to be a potential candidate and Dawson has said several times how much he likes Strong. Louisville is also in his final seven.